Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Amusing or weird dreams

It seems I had some dream plagiarism last night :p

It involved these strange growths on my skin. But they weren't reddish nor in a cavity; rather more wart-like. This happened near the end of the dream, the earlier part was less nightmarish and had something to do with cousins and brothers (too vague to remember now). But the end had these weird skin growths, when I was in some devastated or very poor suburban landscape (lots of trash and run down buildings), with a very dark, possibly black, sky.

During the end of the dream I had the impression these growths would kill me, but attempted to "move on" anyway.

Occasionally I dream about buildings collapsing, planes crashing, and tiny flesh-eating ant-like bugs crawling all over me. Not all at the same time, mind you.

I dreamt I was wielding the gun equivalent of Siamese twins. It was a pair of two-tone Glock subcompacts. The slides were black, but the frames were some sort of pastel green. The slides had been glued together, as had the frames. I thought it could actually work if my fingers were long enough to grip the whole thing and pull the triggers. I'm sure someone out there in the real world had done something like this for shits and giggles.

I must have gone to bed hungry last night since I dreamt about food while playing a round of golf with outrageously oversized clubs. My playing partner suggested that the meal (which we could smell cooking) wouldn't be fit for human consumption and offered a sachet of instant soup as a substitute - don't know why I didn't beat him to death with the unhusked coconut on a curtain rod that I was using as a 1 Wood.

Just had a dream last night that my laptop died. And my last five years of shit went with it. Fucking horrible nightmare, man. (Time to backup stuff...)

This dream perhaps is more appropriate in a personal diary and is perhaps too personal to post on a public forum, but since I dreamt it last night and love dream threads and stumbled upon this thread yesterday I felt like sharing.

I had a LOST-esque type dream (as in the TV show LOST). I was approached by two men, one of which was similar to Richard (the ageless character in the show.) They were tapping me as someone who was special, but I didn't really pay much attention to them at first, having had (like Locke) any notions that I might be special or great eroded away over time. They were approaching me as a candidate for someone who might be able to be healed and so thus be able to realize my full potential as a person. They were trying to explain to me that through some kind of process that I needed to go through (which remained nebulous in the dream), I'd go through a major, sudden, dramatic and very important inward change--a dramatic metamorphosis you could say, that was important in my fulfilling my destiny--and be suddenly 'healed' and thus be the person I always yearned of being; at my full potential; no longer held back by recurring fears, insecurities and old patterns. The interesting thing about the dream was the nature in which I somehow perceived how undergoing this dramatic change would feel and what it would be like. I understood viscerally what they were explaining to me (because it was LOST-esque). But they weren't explaining it to me with mere words. I was beginning to realize that these people really were special. It was as if they were somehow psychically telegraphing to me what I was going to experience: I experienced this dramatic change, this feeling like I was waking up to this person I always knew I was somewhere buried; somehow unable to be accessed, and whom over the years I slowly had forgotten, and had stopped reaching for, and had sort of become complacent in my mediocre day to day dealings. But through this experience these two men were enabling me to have (through their special, spiritual abilities,) I was getting a glimpse of a new person capable of much more; the experience seemed to specifically revolve around the developing of a deeper capacity for giving and receiving love. It was an amazing feeling of having lifted a veil of doubt and complacent acceptance that life and its daily dealings is mediocrity and that a ho-hum existence is all it can be. But the experience was all just a hypothetical of what I would experience if I were to do this 'thing' they wanted me to do--some kind of 'process' (for lack of better word) they wanted me to undergo. This experience of suddenly being 'healed' and becoming the person I've always wanted to be, not held back by anything was a psychically telegraphed experience by them. I needed to trust them. There was something they felt I needed to do in order for this to all transpire, but I didn't know what it was I needed to do.

The change happened as a sudden shift; like a light switch being flipped, (but very dramatic as if undergoing a sudden, dramatic and permanent experiential change and never being able to go back; I experienced myself undergoing a dramatic and permanent shift to the person I always wanted to be.) Maybe something like what happens to Zach Braff's character at the end of "Garden State", but more powerful and mystical. The experience had a sort of dramatic spiral or revolving movement to it; almost like what Jodie Foster's character in "Contact" experiences when she is going through the Wormhole near the end of "Contact"). Perhaps the scene makes a nice analogy to what I experienced in my dream:

"I'm okay to go." ('They're alive.')

The second part of the dream the same two men were trying to set me up with this girl (but now they looked like different men though they were the same two people). They explained to me that when I met with her it was important I hook up with her as a part of my fulfilling my destiny and undergoing this integral, dramatic change--this healing process to becoming whole and to realizing my full potential and to being the person I always dreamed of being. Not much happened when we met. At first I didn't really feel anything toward her, and started to doubt these two men again, but as we started talking and hanging around her (parents'?) very nice house I started to have feelings of love toward her. I think we talked briefly but then the dream sort of faded out.

I have dreams about Doom quite a lot.

If it was an interesting level, I'll jot it down quickly. Most of the time though, I just end up spending the entire dream running from a Cyberdemon. :/

Hellbent said:

I was approached by two men . . . They were tapping me as someone who was special . . . They were approaching me as a candidate for someone who might be able to be healed and so thus be able to realize my full potential as a person . . . be the person I always yearned of being . . . I was getting a glimpse of a new person capable of much more . . . I needed to trust them . . . I didn't know what it was I needed to do . . . The same two men were trying to set me up with this girl . . . it was important I hook up with her as a part of my fulfilling my destiny.

Sounds like the recruitment pitch used by some lunatic-fringe sects.

GreyGhost said:

Sounds like the recruitment pitch used by some lunatic-fringe sects.

lol, yeah.

Reevys said: "Most of the time though, I just end up spending the entire dream running from a Cyberdemon. :/"

That's how my Doom dreams go, too.

EDIT: I remembered another part of my dream from last night. I was at the house I grew up in, and we have a large field in front of the house that has some shrubs and an old fence where the sheep used to live (my sisters won 4H Club prizes on their sheep when they were kids, but didn't have the heart to kill/eat their sheep so they lived in our front yard for 15 years). Anyway, there was a pack of dogs--not menacing or anything, German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers--coming up the field. I wasn't paying them too much heed when I suddenly realized that one of them was half wolf/half German Shepherd and it was gray and I sensed its power and menace in its eyes and from its mouth (though it was closed). I remember thinking even though the wolf wasn't a pure breed, since it was half wolf, it was as wolf in nature as a pure wolf--that the wolf genes dominated the dog genes. I then thought of Lost and other mystical stories (such as "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior") where the protagonists have to face down a formidable animal. In "Peaceful Warrior" Dan has to face down a wolf as some kind of symbol of his subconscious fears. If he gives into his fears, they will destroy him. And so I thought of Richard and somehow felt his presence in the wolf--that this had the classic signs of a test--as long as I remain in control and don't give into fear, I will be fine.

I watched as the wolf pulled ahead of the rest of the pack and started coming toward me. I was sort of running away, but not panicking. It seemed to be coming after me but not very aggressively. I sensed its immense power--that if it wanted to, it could be on me in a second and rip me to shreds. I resolved that as long as I wasn't afraid it would not feed on my fear. I remember imagining it becoming aggressive, but never giving into the fear of it that threatened on the edge of my mind to grow, and in an instant, overcome me..., and while the wolf came close, it never actually attacked me. The general feeling I was left with from that part of the dream, and perhaps the dream as a whole, was that while I hadn't given into the fear, I also hadn't confronted it head on and conquered it--I had merely recognized it, and kept it at bay.

I think I understand what the dream means, but that might be getting a bit too personal to disclose here....

GreyGhost said:
some lunatic-fringe sects.

He had probably just watched a movie with Tom Cruise in it. He works in them to subliminally control the Thetan in his fans, through the screen.

myk said:

He had probably just watched a movie with Tom Cruise in it. He works in them to subliminally control the Thetan in his fans, through the screen.

No, no... I've been watching tons of LOST--pretty good TV series. I watched the entire first 4 seasons in less than a month.

Almost a year ago I had this uncanny dream, which seemed somewhat Lovecraftian in essence (or at least, in a sense), and I deliberately pretended to use an older style of writing (or choice of words), in keeping with the feel of the dream, crappily rendered as it may be:

I was with my younger siblings walking around a partly flooded Victorian town near a river, and we decided to visit the library. The library was a big old sprawling Victorian structure with several stories, almost all of which were publicly accessible as part of the library. However there were a few rooms that were private offices and whatnot, but we were always curious about where certain stairs or doors led, or whether there might be other secret rooms hiding throughout the strangely shaped spaces of the building. It was that curiosity that led to the continuing weirdness of the dream.

I can't remember whether I was with my siblings at this point or not, but I remember going down a long straight wooden stairway which opened into a small dark foyer-like area full of more bookshelves, possibly below ground level, with a temporarily vacant office/desk chamber to the left. Whether or not I was allowed to be down there, the offices were definitely off-limits to unauthorized persons, but there was nobody around that I could hear, and I could see that the office room continued around a corner past where I could see, and that there must be another doorway beyond. Feeling delightfully naughty, I sneaked into the office and found that there was in fact a doorway leading into other private chambers and possibly more stairways. Whether those stairs went up or down I couldn't tell without exploring them myself, since they could very well go either way, given the vast amount of unaccounted space between many of the public rooms above, and the potentially infinite and unknown space below. At this point the building seemed somewhat Gothic - it had a lot of fine, narrowly shaped wood-paneled passages in the upper levels and impressive, massive stonework lining much of the lower levels. My siblings may have seen me sneaking around and tried to follow me, or else I was trying to sneak away from them, or there were people coming that I seriously needed to hide from. Whatever the case I took a staircase going down deeper, which was just wide enough for me to walk through, and I had to duck to avoid hitting my head. This led into what seemed to be a small laundry room, which was incidentally connected to other passages from whence I heard more footsteps/voices coming closer rapidly. One of these passages had a sharply winding little staircase that led steeply upwards, and this I followed to evade my predators. Somebody must have heard my footsteps, or known some other way that I was there sneaking about, for they now began to pursue me in earnest, and with greatly increased speed. In response I redoubled my own speed, and put all my effort into a combination of stealth and haste, all the while looking as fast as I could for the next passage to take. Ever I chose the upward path, but after a certain small foyer, it seemed that every new path only ever led upwards, and there always seemed to be less paths to choose from. To add to my growing sense of dismay, every room and staircase seemed to be smaller than the last, until I was squeezing through places that I could hardly fit through, and wasn't certain I could get back out of again. I knew I had ascended several stories at least, and seemed to be in the upper limits of whatever building I was in, but it seemed to be much larger than the library should've been, huge as it was from the outside even. The rooms I found myself fleeing through seemed to have been designed for midgets or small children only, such was the smallness of their dimensions. I also got the feeling that I must be in the top of some tall, narrow tower, and that behind every wall and ceiling was nothing but vast open air blowing freely, even shaking and rocking the fragile wooden tower itself. I feared that my own weight would be its downfall, that I would set the whole tower toppling apart with my frantic movement. After climbing up through smaller and higher rooms, I at last came into a very high, very tiny room with no further passages except for a single small, solitary window in one wall. This I peered out of, carefully lest I should fall, only to find that it was a warm dark summer nighttime outside, and that the huge, twinkling town spread out half a mile below me was a different one than I had walked through before entering the library.

Mr. Chris said:

Yes, this is about any dreams one has remembered in the past 24 to 72 hours.

Whoops.

In my last dream I was at my friend's house, and he had an attic door in his kitchen, which was downstairs. He opened it and it led directly to the upstairs bathroom. What made it funny was that his brother was taking a dump and starting cussing.

Two or three nights ago, another dream I had a blatent sexual dream...first involving attempts by a subby male anthropomorphic dragon who's name I know but didn't know who..later by a normal human female. I'll spare the dirty details just for the sake of it.

The thing is, I woke up with wood after it ended. Who wouldn't if they had dreams with sexual themes/contact?

I dreamed I was following John Coltrane and his band around a shopping centre, repeatedly asking if I could jam with his band. He said "Are you SURE you want to?", so I replied "YES" and he just looked at me and walked off again with his mates.

He then played Naima and opened a gateway to the eldritch netherworlds.