Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Creaphis

The Great Post Count Hunt of '09

I issue a challenge: find the forum user with the highest post count of anyone on the internet. To gain this status would take tremendous dedication, so, this noble individual, whoever he is, deserves to be recognized for his achievement.

I'll start us off, with the numbers to beat:

Trentk, of theturboforums.com, with 95438 posts. However, as he is the administrator of that forum, the veracity of that count is debatable.

Timefishblue, of truthandbeautybombs.com, with 19994 posts, though this has been aided by extremely lax moderation on a forum that is essentially one giant in-joke.

A special award may also be granted for the highest post count per day, to recognize an up-and-coming poster of distinction.

I'll give it a go - good way to boost my own post count. :P

aon_mixed on http://vnboards.ign.com/ with 81574 posts.

MForce2k a mod on http://vnboards.ign.com/ with 76689 posts.

Mentioned here is GrahamFromJeremyKyle with 984,938 posts, which appears to be bogus.

EDIT - Most posts in 24 hours Some Guy on http://whirlpool.net.au/ with 500 (about halfway down the page).

Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands, our biggest poster doesnt even come close:

Danarchy - 13124 Posts, Doomworld.com

Hey, this moved out of blogs! I posted it there as it seemed like a textbook case of what will mean "little to everyone else."

Those are some very impressive showings, GreyGhost. I would note that MForce2k has more total posts than aon_mixed if you consider the sum of the IGN and VN board post counts. But then again, aon_mixed deserves bonus points for reaching such a high figure without ever acquiring "moderator" status.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the somethingawful forums contain our champion, but I'm not about to pay for whatever access I need to prove it.

I think Danarchy may one day prove to be a home-town hero in this contest. Dan, train hard and post hard, and make us proud!

Creaphis said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the somethingawful forums contain our champion

Most likely it's Gaia Online.

From the Gaia Online forums:
Gaia has 1,499,018,559 articles posted with 16,649,763 registered users.

LOL. 1.5 billion posts.

Yeah, SA has 63,237,156 total posts as of a minute ago, and has no actual way to view the people with the highest postcount.

On top of that, I dont think even the most prolific posters there post enough garbage to bloat their counts that much. The ones that do tend to get.. filtered. :P

angelface211 who mods this forum on http://www.fanforum.com/ with 125,307 posts.

MasalaSuperDude a super-mod on http://www.masalatalk.com/masalaboard/index.php with 310,467 posts.

Creaphis said:

I think Danarchy may one day prove to be a home-town hero in this contest. Dan, train hard and post hard, and make us proud!

It only seems like yesterday that Doomworlds' "Top 10 Posters" list was headed by a member (who's name I've forgotten) with 65,535 posts. I wonder what became of them?

It's a forecast, but if I didn't get banned from "board whoring" at another DooM forum, I'd be at about 27,000 posts by now, assuming I could keep up the pace, and had internet access at every workplace I've been to.

===========================================
50K, 80K? 500 in 24 hours? There is life outside the home....

GreyGhost said:

It only seems like yesterday that Doomworlds' "Top 10 Posters" list was headed by a member (who's name I've forgotten) with 65,535 posts. I wonder what became of them?

That was a test account created by one of the admins (Lüt). I forget what exactly he was testing, but probably something to do with how the postcount was stored (i.e. would it go negative, or cause a meltdown, on being increased to 65536). Some things in the forum set-up have, at times, had rather inappropriate maximum values.

GreyGhost said:

...Doomworlds' "Top 10 Posters" list was headed by a member (who's name I've forgotten) with 65,535 posts.

I'm assuming that's the cap for this site then? Being that it's a binary-based number (one shy of 256 squared) and hoping I'm not the only here who notices such things...

Grazza said:

That was a test account created by one of the admins (Lüt). I forget what exactly he was testing, but probably something to do with how the postcount was stored

I suspected it was a dummy account but thought it might have been created to give Danarchy a target to aim for. :-)

Hey, I never tried to get a huge post count. That's just what happens when you check a busy forum once or twice a day for over 8 years. >_>

Danarchy said:

Hey, I never tried to get a huge post count. That's just what happens when you check a busy forum once or twice a day for over 8 years. >_>

It adds up. 8 years * 365 days * ~4.5 posts/day = 13140 posts + 8 posts due to leap years. 4.5 posts a day is not an awful lot (though keeping that number for 8 years is impressive); I've seen a noob on a different forum make 30 posts in one day (made a post on almost every thread in the forum).

Pure Hellspawn said:

It adds up. 8 years * 365 days * ~4.5 posts/day = 13140 posts + 8 posts due to leap years. 4.5 posts a day is not an awful lot (though keeping that number for 8 years is impressive); I've seen a noob on a different forum make 30 posts in one day (made a post on almost every thread in the forum).

Probably new to the intarwebs then.

In one place I am #9 for most posts but that was over the course of 8 years on that forum alone.

And elsewhere, I have 7,460 posts and have been there since 2002. I know users on the DSLR boards with over 10,000 posts there.

The latter is the place I've had the highest post count.

Over at NewDoom, Doom_Dude is #1 in posting has over 9,000 (9,848 actually as of 2/26) posts while Aliotroph? is #2 with 8,413.

It looks like I've passed my count of 1722 posts over at http://forum.tip.it/ by now. Wooooo

Georgef551 said:

Hm. Your 335 posts, multiplied by a reasonable nerdiness factor (Who talks about the Price is Right? Seriously?) only comes out to about 9000 posts, so that isn't too bad.

GreyGhost said:

That is stunning.

Mr. Chris said:

over 9,000

Mr. Chris said:

Over at NewDoom, Doom_Dude is #1 in posting has over 9,000 (9,848 actually as of 2/26) posts while Aliotroph? is #2 with 8,413.

That's probably not considering the posts they had before the site got haxored.

I'm also the top poster on 2-3 other forums I've posted on. I guess I just like posting stuff.

Csonicgo said:

I am a postaholic, hence my custom title.

I find your lack of postcount disturbing

pritch said:

Ahhhhh, postcount++

To be a teenager again.

Yeah...that was like winter break in my senior year of high school when you and I went on a mad posting spree with nxn.

Danarchy said:

Yeah...that was like winter break in my senior year of high school when you and I went on a mad posting spree with nxn.

Don't admit it you fool! I'll have to retrospectively ban/loser you and then for the sake of consistency do the same to myself...

Of course that's where the real skill of forum whorism lies... posting shit loads without appearing to be spamming at all. This requires a modicum of intelligence, good writing skills and the ability to be funny/interesting when called for.

Few have done it. Fewer have survived to tell their story.

It's a good thing I mostly stopped being an idiot or else my postcount would be in the trillions