Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Ghostbusters anyone? UPDATE

While i'm dusting off and finishing the Doom-X mod(http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/45279-doom-x-more-new-screenshots-added/) i was thinking of beginning a new project based on the Ghostbusters universe. I have no plans for levels at this stage but what i had in mind is that the player is equipped with 5-6 weapons (maybe even having all of them from start) but certain weapons won't harm certain enemies, such as the tazer and neutrona laser which won't affect ghosts but will kill zombies and proton gun and slime blower which won't hurt zombies but kill ghosts. This would make the gameplay more intresting and complex. I kind of like this idea and will see what i can come up with. I will post more info and possible screenshots at a later date.

Well, in the skulltag community there's a popular wad that the only thing it does is replace all the monsters with harder versions of each one. The wad is used with popular megawads like AV and the like.

If you're no mapper, I think you could make a mod that replaces DOOM monsters and weapons with these of Ghostbusters. To make this more popular the mod should be playable on a port that supports multiplayer.

Vegeta said:

Well, in the skulltag community there's a popular wad that the only thing it does is replace all the monsters with harder versions of each one. The wad is used with popular megawads like AV and the like.

If you're no mapper, I think you could make a mod that replaces DOOM monsters and weapons with these of Ghostbusters. To make this more popular the mod should be playable on a port that supports multiplayer.

The whole idea was to focus on singleplayer. Because like i mentioned several weapons wouldn't harm certain enemies and so fourth.

By multiplayer I was talking about Co-op and/or survival (co-op where you can actually die and not respawn if your lives get to 0, the number of lives is customizable on the server).

Personally I think that'd be more fun than re playing alone maps that you already know.

Forgot to mention, i will be using stuff from Scuba Steve's Ghostbusters Doom, i will be asking for permission eventually allthough i doubt Steve cares much since the project was abandoned. In fact most of the stuff but also a lot of new stuff. I have 5 weapons so far:

1. Tazer - really affictive against zombies but limited to close range. A little over-powered at the moment.
2. Neutrona Blaster - not as affictive as the tazer but works from a distance.
3. Proton Pack & gun - the trademark weapon of the ghostbusters.
4. Slimeblower - Will hurt zombies but they will recieve less damage from it than ghosts.
5. Traps - most powerful weapon but will only hurt ghosts.

the traps turned out the be the most complex to code because:

A) They are now activated manually with the secondary attack.
B) The actual light ray coming out of the trap is a seperate part.
C) Once they have been used, they can be picked up again for reuse.

I will be using a sort-of cartoony look for everything, in staying true to the tounge-in-cheek and somewhat cartoony tone of the movies (allthough i always thought that the second film was a little more serious with a darker tone).

Here's one of the new baddies i want to use:

Created by Eriance.

If anybody has any ideas for any additional weapons, speak your mind, or if you want to help out in any way just tell me so.

The player can now get into the Ecto-1 and drive off towards the sunset! Well, not quite. I've added the Ecto-1 (is the car they drive). When the player is "inside" the car the player:

A) Has a much higher mass
B) Recieves large ammount of armour
C) Uses diffrent sounds
D) Moves faster
E) Cannot pickup items, jump or crouch

And the player loses the car when it is deselected and it will not be available by cheating (haha!). So making a drivable car in Doom is possible.

But does anyone here have any good car sounds?