Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles [new thread]

link to previous thread

Sorry if this is necro posting, but a new season is here and it doesn't look like anyone has posted since the end of the first season. Does anyone care? It was a surprise to me to see it back on. I never saw any ads for it.

Season 2 really rekindled my interest and it got back to the heart of Terminator which was having killer machines hunting people. It also had a LIKABLE character named Riley and put a face on the enemy with Sherley Manson (All Mansons are the face of evil I guess). It is also the season that started the noticable guest characters.

Season 3 seems like a chore to watch. Its very random. This week infiltrate a wedding, next week have a dream sequence and drift between a sleep center and a hostage situation. I think they have also forgotten about Cameron.

It feel like McGyver where McGyver had a job, but ended up being a series of random side tasks.

*le sigh*

At least I look forward to TS: Terminator: Salvation and from the new trailer looks unreasonably fantastic!

Split off into a new thread, so people don't start responding to comments made more than a year ago, and all the other stuff that often causes bumped threads to turn to junk.

I've tried to watch a few episodes and I've hated every minute of it.

Summer Glau makes an awful Terminator, John just whines a lot, Sarah doesn't look nearly tough enough, and it's permeated with that low-budget TV feel where characters just talk endlessly since there's no budget for constant action scenes and no time pressure to wrap things up. Oh, and any of the closeups of Shirley Manson make me want to vomit - she looks hideous.

As far as I'm concerned this franchise stopped after T2. Even the Salvation movie doesn't really excite me at all after seeing the lame future sequences from the third movie. I'm not sure how they managed to screw it up that badly - the beginning of T2 is one of the most epic action sequences of all time.

I have the same thoughts as david_a on the series. I keep expecting Summer Glau to spout Gooble Goggle and smash walnuts with her enlarged forehead.

Heh, never watched this show, but Summer Glau kicks ass at action scenes what with being a professionally-trained dancer and all. Just look at the fight scenes in Serenity.

Danarchy said:

Heh, never watched this show, but Summer Glau kicks ass at action scenes what with being a professionally-trained dancer and all.

And psychic!

I'm still watching it regularly. It has the odd annoying trippy dream sequence and some of the storylines are a bit disjointed, but other than that it's pretty good.

I am happy someone liked it. Previous poster.

I looked it up and this is still season 2, although there was a 3 month hiatus between the two sections of the season.

Cameron comes off as the hot retard girl while "the T-800" came off as comically trying to grasp the human world. When I watch "the T-800," I can see the gears turning in his head like he has a purpose and he knows what he's doing. He seems more human. When I see Cameron its like she's vacant, hollow and empty like watching a ghost.

I have a feeling in the future humans can't tell terminators just because there is so little to talk about in the future. I can imagine their recreational conversations...

So watch the baseball game? No, Skynet nuked our games.
So eat at any good restaurants? No, we just have rats to eat.
How's your relationship with Jenny? She was killed.
Where do you want to go for vacation? Is there anyplace left to go?
You're new here, I don't trust you, who is your reference? I traveled here, my party died along the way. Skynet killed them.

Well, the sleep center episode was a bit cack, heh. Hopefully it goes back to previous form next week.

Watched every episode thus far.

Like some of the others said, a few of the storylines are a little random. But overall it's a pretty solid series, and does a good job of expanding the Terminator universe.

Needless to say it doesn't compare to the greatness of the first two movies. But it's far more enjoyable than T3.