Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zark

My first post in ages

Well then... It seems nothing has changed. There still isn't anything vaguely interesting on this forum. I don't see as many of the old lamers hanging around though, which is a good thing.

On a different note, what FPSs are people most looking forward to in 2002?

I don't see as many of the old lamers hanging around though, which is a good thing.

You're right, we've got whole new ones. Welcome back.

On a different note, what FPSs are people most looking forward to in 2002?

A mission pack to RtCW, Doom 3 probably won't be out until 2003.

Duke 4. Doom 3 had damn well better be a whole year off at this point. Maybe id forgot but it takes more than an engine to make a fun game and they'd better spend their time making me want to play through the game more than once.

They haven't achieved that since the original Doom.

Phew. I'm sweaty. I just shoveled a ton of snow. I cleared feet around the cars. Hell, last night at work I brushed the snow offa everyone's cars for them. I'm such a nice guy sometimes. I just gave my dad money for no fucking reason whatsoever. This Infinity album is either making me cool or gay, I haven't figured it out yet.

Whoops, Fredrik's Avatar just gave me wood. I guess I know which one then.

You Americans hear about Buffalo? Now that is a fuckload of snow.

I haven't checked if there's snow here yet. There might be. I'm worried to check because snow tends to magnify the already deadly natural light outside.

I haven't checked if there's snow here yet. There might be. I'm worried to check because snow tends to magnify the already deadly natural light outside.

Rofl. Same here, I always keep my windows shut and Windows open.

Duke 4. Doom 3 had damn well better be a whole year off at this point. Maybe id forgot but it takes more than an engine to make a fun game and they'd better spend their time making me want to play through the game more than once.

They haven't achieved that since the original Doom.

- I'm confident that id will give us a good singleplayer experience, as that is their focus now. Besides, they used to be more than capable of providing a kickass SP experience back then, why shouldn't they be able to now?

The reason why they haven't achieved making a fun SP game since Doom is that they have been focussing on MP throughout the Quakes.

Quake 1 was good in SP, excellent in DM
Quake 2 was great in SP, poor in DM
Quake 3 was about the same for both SP and DM (horrible)

Last I heard through word of mouth is that Buffalo got 9 feet of snow over the last week. That's over 2 meters. And it came in a fucking week. Some dude died when the roof of his house collapsed under the weight of all that shit. That's just fucked up man. They're calling in the National Guard to get that shit out of there, they say it'll take hundreds of dumptrucks full.

Jesus man, let lose the Marines with some flamethrowers. Use those bigass monster yellow trucks with 8 tires to pile the shit into mountains and melt it the hell away. Use incindiary grenades, attack it with a particle laser, load the fluffy white hell into a rocket and shoot it at Rosie O'Donnel, do something. Crimony.

They're expecting more of that shit too. Imagine sitting in your house for a few days, enjoying your time off and everything, then you open your front door so you can buy some more Pepsi and WHOOSH, a wall of snow as tall as you pounds you in the face. Yikes.

We haven't had snow yet. It sucks. Snow rules.

And in 2002, I'm most looking forward to Unreal II. IMO, it looks absolutely incredible, better than Doom 3. But it seems nobody shares my opinion, oh well. Doom 3 looks too dark.

And what's the problem with poor lighting conditions?

Personally I don't like U2 graphics, once you experience real-time lighting, you'll never want to go back to lightmaps.

Personally I don't like U2 graphics, once you experience real-time lighting, you'll never want to go back to lightmaps.

Heh. I've had real time lighting on my PS2 for only God knows how long. It has some potential of being nice, but just like every single other 3D Prettiness Feature, it has to be done well for it to matter.

Good lightmaps are preferable to bad realtime.

Silent Hill 2 makes unbelieveably good use of realtime lighting... if only it weren't trapped to such a shitty res due to the PS2 sucking. I'll probably buy an X-Box just for Silent Hill 2. =)

Quake 1 was good in SP, excellent in DM
Quake 2 was great in SP, poor in DM
Quake 3 was about the same for both SP and DM (horrible)

Quake (1) had worse SP than Doom IMHO - the weapons were damn unsatisfying to use.
Quake 2 had a decent SP experience, but nothing big - at least the weapons were satisfying to use.
Quake 3 A is probably the worst id game I've ever experienced, simply because it had no real SP - decent weapons though.

It has some potential of being nice, but just like every single other 3D Prettiness Feature, it has to be done well for it to matter.

Sure, everything needs a -good- art direction.

Once DOOM's out, it will be difficult to develop a game with lightmaps that gives you the same level of inmersion.
Play Blade for a couple of hours and then switch to Rune, you'll start missing your own shadow.

I hate snow. I'd like it more if we got a fuckload of it, but it either flurries or it is just ten fucking degrees outside. We never get enough snow to cancel school or have fun in.

Hey, cool. =)

This is post 3264. WHEE! The second two digits being double the first two won't happen again until 3399, and that's precisely 135 posts away. I wonder if I could get there today... heheheh.

Oh, and um, don't bitch. Try shovelling snow for an hour and a half straight just to get to your car. =)

Quake I: bad sp, good mp
Quake II: ok sp, bad mp
Quake III: no sp, excellent mp.
Quake III Team Arena: np sp, Fantastic mp.

zarcy: you must be the only one in here who has seen anything ingame from DOOM III. Everyone else has just seen some technology tests of iD's new DOOM engine.

Q1 DOES have good SP.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Could you please explain to me what's so great about Q1's SP?

I admit that Q1's SP kept me entertained for 3 weeks, while Duke Nukem 3d only kept me entertained for a single week.

But I expected some new gameplay ideas in Q1 - I didn't find anything "new" worth mentioning.

Could you please explain to me what's so great about Q1's SP?

It doesn't suck, and it's a fair but fun challenge. The weapons and monster balance is great, what else can you ask for?

We're having a sunny day here, no signs of snow, nope none, unless you count yesterday, but I was fucked up on carasidin (GRRRREAT} that doesn't count.