Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IRod54

Updated version of Hellopolis

The idea of Hellopolis was to create a map with DV-style gameplay, but, unlike in DV, give you the option of skipping some of the fights. I tried my hardest to make sure that every fight was fair, unlike in DV, with plenty of ammo and cover.

If it's updated, why not reupload to the Archives and let the maintainers know to replace the old version?

Problem with this map is the arenas are waaaay too large. Skippable is one thing, but you could almost go under 5% kills comfortably before the end. DV at least put the squeeze on you enough that you couldn't really comfortably get through almost any area without some (usually lots) of trouble. Huy designed that thing to a pinpoint balance. You should really carefully study his maps section by section.

I haven't played this updated version yet, though, so maybe you improved upon that issue?

I thought the fights in DV were pretty fair, plenty of invincibility powerups and megaspheres. In some of them you just got locked in a room and BFG spammed frantically, but some of the other ones (like the giant hell arena at the start of map 02) there were different ways to approach things so it was possible to "box clever" and avoid putting yourself in danger