Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IRod54

Favorite AV map?

My favorite is (I am pretty sure) level 11. It is the one where you start near a little rowboat overlooking an ocean. The main part of the level is made up of a huge city set into a mountain/island. There is a central lake of lava with a spiderdemon in it. There is an archvile in a tower. There is a huge underground cavern area.

AV is so full of great levels, but that one, to me at least, stands out the most.

I don’t know, between Dark dome, Killer colours and Mišri Halek…

I would say my favourite AV map is Map06 Hillside Siege. Excellent layout and architecture+texturing, fullon action, top stuff.

Like Kyka said, AV's full of great levels... Map11 Nemesis would be another favourite of mine too.

In addition to the maps already listed, I'll add map 10 - toxic touch to the list. A huge sewer map that pushes vanilla doom to it's limits, especially in the architecture department.

I also like the medieval area in the north part of map 23. It reminds me of the eternal doom levels, and has a maze-like quality to it.

Map10 - I love the style in that one. Nukage, metal and bricks rules :D

Kyka said:

My favorite is (I am pretty sure) level 11. It is the one where you start near a little rowboat overlooking an ocean. The main part of the level is made up of a huge city set into a mountain/island. There is a central lake of lava with a spiderdemon in it. There is an archvile in a tower. There is a huge underground cavern area.

AV is so full of great levels, but that one, to me at least, stands out the most.

I forget what level that is but I recognize it by your description and I was gonna say that was my favorite

Misri Halek, hands down.

No match in terms of epicness throughout the wad.

Blood Sacrifice and Misri Halek hands fricken down. One is a winding egyptian tomb, the other is a winding decayed castle, both are immensely awesome and its a shame that all the other maps aren't quite as awesome as these two. Even the gameplay is beatable and very fun. :D

Naan said:

Misri Halek, hands down.

No match in terms of epicness throughout the wad.

Definitely. It's probably one of my all-time favorite maps now that I think about it.

Map20

...and somewhere down here on the rankings scale, everything else.

My personal favorite levels in AV are Demonic Hordes and Dark Dome. I admit I'm a sucker for those high monster-count levels. (though I'm sure most knew it already)

gun_psycho, you can play these maps in HNTR, carefully if you know where to go and what to do.

I remember map 4, 8 and 11 the most. I really liked going through all the mountainous cave parts especially. Man those maps were fun.

I forgot to mention that I also liked, in no particular order, Killer Colours, Bulls on Parade, Mishri Halek, Lake Poison, and... map27. (I forgot that one's name)

Beast Island comes to mind, there are others as well, mostly early in the game. The later maps blend together for me.