Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AvengeR

end the e1m8 without dying (doom1)

there´s a way to beat the e1m8 without dying?

when you beat the 2 hell knights, the tag 666 works and the map shows you a way to walk, soon you will see a stairway.
This stairway will guide you to a teleporter.
This teleporter teletransport you to a place where there´s no lights and the floor is pure lava (-10/-20) and also there are 6 shotguners, 6 demons and 6 imps, and no exit.

There´s a way to exit the level without dying?

(my english is not the best because my first lenguaje is spanish)

No, you are forced to die. Dying ends the level, causing the victory intermission screen to come up. Now you can play Episodes 2, 3, and 4.

And, since I'm nice and know a bit of Spanish:

No, tu necesitas morir. Cuando tu mueres, el plano es fine. La pantella de intermission viene. Ahora tu puedes los episodios de dos, tres, y cuatro.

The only way to finish that level is to die inside that little room. A intermission screen with some text will show up as soon as you do this.

Jesus H. Christ!!!!! How many more questions of the same type will we get before Doom 3 comes out???????

BTW, image tags are disabled. Just thought you'd like to know so you can take it out of your sig and wonder why it's not working.

No, you are forced to die. Dying ends the level, causing the victory intermission screen to come up. Now you can play Episodes 2, 3, and 4.

And, since I'm nice and know a bit of Spanish:

No, tu necesitas morir. Cuando tu mueres, el plano es fine. La pantella de intermission viene. Ahora tu puedes los episodios de dos, tres, y cuatro.

No, tu estás obligado a morir. Esto finaliza el nivel, ocasionando la aparición de la pantalla de victoria. Ahora podés jugar los episodios dos, tres y cuatro.

Fuck you, you Argentinan fuck. Let me use my nine years of Spanish education to the best of my ability.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that not even God mode can save you from that final assault. You're dead.

You don't really die, the map exits when you got around 10% but usually less.-

But it's supposed to be that you die and go to hell, that's how I see it anyway..
BTW it's not Hell Knights, it's Barons of Hell.. so thare. :p

I still find it amusing that the best E1 speedruns end with the player charging a seargant in that black pit and firing the rocket launcher point blank to speed the end. =)

i put that because i have a bad english, so if i had written something wrong i will have an excuse.

-Lo puse para tener una excusa por mi mal ingles, no para lucirme

But it's supposed to be that you die and go to hell, that's how I see it anyway..

Really? I thought that was the gateway to Deimos and that's what all the poor fucks who went through the gate had to go through.

I thought the gateway to hell would involve a lot more rape with pointy things and less paddling. =/

Once you beat the big badasses and clean out the moon base you're supposed to win, aren't you? Aren't you? Where's your fat reward and ticket home? What the hell is this? It's not supposed to end this way!

It stinks like rotten meat, but looks like the lost Deimos base. Looks like you're stuck on The Shores of Hell.
The only way out is through.

To continue the DOOM experience, play The Shores of Hell and its amazing sequel, Inferno!

Looks like they are describing the deimos base and "The Shores of Hell" episode to me, which would tie in with the ending of E1M8.

I have always interpreted the end of Ep1 to be a sort of cliff hanger/teaser for Ep2. Especially when you consider Ep1 was released on its own as the shareware episode. To me it says, "OK, you beat this episode, but you are just at the start of the rest of the game, and there is a helluva lot more blood and guts to come. Go ahead and buy it."

And yes, as soon as you fall below 10% health, the level ends (you can use this sector type in any level to end it and move on to the next one).

Well once they made a great first episode, they knew people would buy the next two (now three), so they didn't have to worry about making those quite as good.

Well once they made a great first episode, they knew people would buy the next two (now three), so they didn't have to worry about making those quite as good.

Even though they're better.

Even though they're better.

- They have a few new enemies that e1 didn't have and allow you to use the plasmagun and the BFG but the levels didn't look as realistic.

I think that overall e1 is my fav episode (it's almost everyone else's fav episode, duh!) but my fav level is e2m2.

Oh, and the ending of e1 with the dark room is supposed to be a hallucination when you travel through the gate, I believe.

- They have a few new enemies that e1 didn't have and allow you to use the plasmagun and the BFG but the levels didn't look as realistic.

But E1's weren't so realistic either. E3 is ruined by today's standards for the most part - people expect there to be some kind of big brown support systems holding up Hell (or something stupid to that extent). The technical side of E3 wasn't as good as E2, but consider the concepts and what they're trying to do with it.

Oh, and the ending of e1 with the dark room is supposed to be a hallucination when you travel through the gate, I believe.

You ought to check out Map02 of that Lost Seraphim WAD by Virgil (in /newstuff right now) to see how to properly do a portal.

I don't know which is best, really. Well, here's my thoughts on the episodes (brief reviews):

Episode 1 [KDITD]: Technically speaking the best levels, very good architecture, lighting, aesthetics are at a high level because of the consistent style with the very nice textures. Very cool switching between bright and dark areas. The maps also have excellent geometry - no/few maps of today manage to come close. Plays well, very well placed monsters, ammo, health and secrets.

E1M1 - Perfect start map. Good layout, great introduction to the game.
E1M2 - One of the less entertaining maps of this episode, probably because of the linearity. The maze is a great addition though.
E1M3 - Bright map, seems kind of empty at a first look. But when you look closer, you get subtle indications that there are many secrets lying around...
E1M4 - Non-linear, stylistic layout. A bit empty. Feels like a kind of intermission or break between the episode's first three (bright) maps and the later (dark).
E1M5 - Innovative connective design, very cool use of darkness. Scary.
E1M6 - My personal favourite of this episode. Linear layout, but very cool. A thrilling experience.
E1M7 - Very dark and long map. Very complex layout and design.
E1M8 - Epic battle...
E1M9 - Ugly map, bad design. But it's a secret level, so you'll have to bare with that, I guess. Maybe it was the intention :P

Episode 2 [TSOH]: Just as good as the first episode at gameplay. Much darker. Some levels are visually not too impressive, unfortunately.

E2M1 - Linear with lots of teleporters. Good design, but with some odd battles. Visually not very inspiring.
E2M2 - Excellent - huge map, visually great except for a few rooms. Scary when you explore the containment sections.
E2M3 - The first map of DOOM with the many-themes-in-one-level problem. It's still a very fast, intense, and definitely good level.
E2M4 - Dark, very dark. Long. Some very large and empty rooms - design is a bit weird, but also adds to the atmosphere of the level.
E2M5 - When it comes to level layout, this one is just fucked up. Decent visually, some ugly gray parts. Makes it hard to find the right way - but it also hides the path to the secret level.
E2M6 - Linear, though the concept with the three keydoors close to the start and the quest for those keys is awesome.
E2M7 - Excellent map layout in my opinion. But it's visually rather ugly.
E2M8 - Second epic battle :P
E2M9 - Why the hell does this one exist? The id designers just love to put bad design in the secret levels, heh.

Episode 3 [Inferno]: Partially odd levels. Bugs, confusingly strange levels, a hell style that is not always too convincing.

E3M1 - Nice sky setup and HOM bugs. That's it.
E3M2 - This map just doesn't have any design at all. Bores me.
E3M3 - Would have been a very good map if someone retextured it from scratch. Damnit, 5 different styles per room doesn't work :) BAD usage of textures.
E3M4 - Another screwed up map. Odd theme change, but the hellish part is pretty good.
E3M5 - Looks good (E4 style). It's nice how the whole map depends on teleporting back and forth. Or so.
E3M6 - Very fun to play. The best map of E3, I think. No visual masterpiece either, but it's a good change from the horrible levels you just played through :)
E3M7 - Also a very good level. Good visually although little architecture. Empty.
E3M8 - Another battle, yay. Design is almost as good as in the first two of them.
E3M9 - Rolf. Stay out of this :)

Episode 4 [TFC]: Hooray, they finally learnt how to make good looking hellish maps!

E4M1 - Looks great. Bad gameplay.
E4M2 - Non-flat, dark level. Suffers from partially bad design, but is overall interesting.
E4M3 - Some horrible indoor areas with long staircases and corridors without any decorations. But the outdoor area is cool.
E4M4 - Cool design, looks good. A bit frustrating in some places.
E4M5 - Astounding design - complex level layout and good use of height differences. Might be the best of this episode. Just a little dark with some boring rooms.
E4M6 - Good design but a damned cyberdemon :) Visually great. Fun quest for secrets.
E4M7 - Urgh. Looks decent, but this is one has a horrible layout. You only need one key although there are boring struggles that lead to the other two.
E4M8 - Lame. Not only does it lack a new final boss, but it's also a fact that the finale maps should always be very short, intense and straight-on-target.
E4M9 - Saucy map. Plays weird, but looks really cool. Definitely the best secret map of UDOOM.

So, uh, a conclusion. In my opinion, Episode 2 is the best episode, actually. It's fairly consistent and plays as well as episode 1, but what really makes it is the darkness and scariness. Episode 1 comes second, followed by Ep4, and last of them Ep3. Ep3's maps are not only ugly, but also plain - most of them. Not saying that they are bad, just not creative or anything. Well, these are just my opinions.

But E1's weren't so realistic either. E3 is ruined by today's standards for the most part - people expect there to be some kind of big brown support systems holding up Hell (or something stupid to that extent). The technical side of E3 wasn't as good as E2, but consider the concepts and what they're trying to do with it.

E1 SEEMED realistic back then (compare it to Wolfenstein 3d levels), E3, however, was surreal, but some of the maps gave me an impression of a Hell. E2 was a mix of e1 and e3 IMO, some of the levels looked like bases, which were slowly taken over by the living Hell, but there were areas that seemed surreal.

Episode 4 [TFC]: Hooray, they finally learnt how to make good looking hellish maps!

Good looking hellish maps? E4???
Well, I'm afraid that I look at e4 in a completely different way than you. I thought that e3 looked better.

E3 was the worst Ep of Doom/Udoom, I'm for the most part agreeing with fredrik. But I really like e4m8, I like it when a boss level is more than just run out to the big badass.. They should have put the cyb with the spider though.. :)

E1m7 is my favorit e1 map: It's actually my alltime favorit map. It's perfection imo.

Udoom got alot of good maps.. even some good ones in E3.. but in general E3 sucks..

Well, actually I don't think E4M8 is lame. It's a nice level. I just think it's lame that they did it that way. A new boss would've been perfect.

That Cyberdemon vs Spider thing would've been cool too :)

Well, actually I don't think E4M8 is lame. It's a nice level. I just think it's lame that they did it that way. A new boss would've been perfect.

That Cyberdemon vs Spider thing would've been cool too :)

A new boss was impossible, considering the fact that E4 was nothing new, but addon levels.

And stay off E2M9 and E3M9 - these are the best levels in the game.

A new boss was impossible, considering the fact that E4 was nothing new, but addon levels.

Uh, no. They built a new executable for Ultimate DOOM, putting in a few more monster sprites was only a matter of wasting some time with an artistic effort.

AHAHHAHAHHAHHH HHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh hhhhhhAHHAHAHhhhashdH AHHAHAHAH HAHHAHhahahahHAHAHAHHHHHHAA AAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHAHHAhahahahHAHHAHAhahaHHAHhahahahHAH HAHHahahhadahHHAha sHAHHHH HHHHahahHAHahHAH AHAHhHAHHAHHAhAhAHAHHahH AHAHAHhahhahsha aaaaaaahahdahshahsdhahsd iuh fisud hfi suhhHAHHhaAHAHHAHAHHAHhaaaaahahAHHHHHHHHHHHHHhahahhahaAHAHAHHHAH HAAAAAAAHHHH

[edit]Look at the expression on the face of my Avatar when you read the above![/edit]

Uh, no. They built a new executable for Ultimate DOOM, putting in a few more monster sprites was only a matter of wasting some time with an artistic effort.

AHAHHAHAHHAHHH HHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh hhhhhhAHHAHAHhhhashdH AHHAHAHAH HAHHAHhahahahHAHAHAHHHHHHAA AAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHAHHAhahahahHAHHAHAhahaHHAHhahahahHAH HAHHahahhadahHHAha sHAHHHH HHHHahahHAHahHAH AHAHhHAHHAHHAhAhAHAHHahH AHAHAHhahhahsha aaaaaaahahdahshahsdhahsd iuh fisud hfi suhhHAHHhaAHAHHAHAHHAHhaaaaahahAHHHHHHHHHHHHHhahahhahaAHAHAHHHAH HAAAAAAAHHHH

[edit]Look at the expression on the face of my Avatar when you read the above![/edit]

Well, what the heck, they could have redesigned the entire game for Ultimate DOOM. And for Final DOOM too. But they clearly didn't want to.

1. There's a difference between redesigning the whole game and adding a new monster.

2. Final DOOM wasn't made by id, it was an add-on level package made by Team TNT and Dario & Milo Casali. The Ultimate DOOM was an upgrade to the existing DOOM.