Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buzzy

how to create your own weapon/item/monster

I am just wondering, how are you suppose to add a weapon/item and monster to doom?

I want to create a few weapons:
-GODZILLAGUN
-BUZZY LASER (The buzzy laser is exactly like the laser gun on doom 64, with the 3 upgrades to it)

I want godzilla gun to be binded number 10 and buzzy laser as 9 on the keyboard. How do you get it to appear on the controls menu or the message pickup.

I want to make an item called a rapid fire powerup. It doubles the weapon fire.

The godzilla gun has 2 ammo pickups and so as the buzzy laser. The buzzy laser has also 3 power-ups, the first pickup can make it shoot just 1 laser beam, second it can shoot out 2 and third can shoot out three!

The godzilla gun runs on the SLUG ammo thing and the buzzy laser runs on the LASR (Laser) ammo thing like Clip, cell, rocket, etc.

Also, how do you make your own font appear on the value identifier when the stat bar is lowered. Because my wad is runned on Doomsday, and it uses their font! I want to have my own font!

How do you also make your own wad into an exe application. So there is only the EXE and WAD applications and some data files???

I want to make my monster a buzzy medic (which acts like a mutant on quake 2) except it's a bee version of it. It jumps around. When you are far from it, it jumps & stabs you loosing you a few health. When it's close, it does melee attacks. I want to also duplicate the BARON OF HELL (The pink demon), bit less health. My replaced one is a blue ice buzzy, and i want a duplicate one to be a bear.

I know, my doom game is quite weird with funny enemies. Thats what my doom mod is like.

I like my game to be similar to doom 64 also.

I want to make a baby imp also duplicating the imp enemy but is smaller and has less health.

So far I have done the Buzzy Medic enemy and Blue Ice Buzzy/Bearbear enemy. I also want one more called another buzzy type enemy, similar to a baron of hell also. And another seargent duplicated as another shotgunner.

I also want another weapon called a Buzzy Plasma Rifle, similar to the ASMD on unreal.

I also want these enhanced features:

-fog on maps
-lighting in sectors (like blue color, green, etc)

One more thing, how do you make 3D floors like room over room placements like a bridge. You can walk on the bridge and under it, (and on doom 2, you couldn't).

Can someone please tell me how to???

For Doom itself, there's not much you can do outside of using DeHackEd. For advanced ports, there are more options; but none are universal. DECORATE will work with ZDoom, GZDoom, Skulltag and Vavoom. (It will not work with Odamex or ZDaemon, and probably not with ZDoomGL.)

Eternity has EDF, and EDGE has DDF. It is possible to provide support for several ports this way. Still, ZDoom's DECORATE is the most powerful system available now.

I don't know but when I put the Data for my new weapon in DECORATE in my wad file, it's not responding.

I made the enemy sprites, and made a new configuration for doom builder in monsters called "Buzzy Medic", i put it in the map, and test on doomsday but all i see is a non-interactive imp there, doing nothing. When i touch it it disappears.

Is the DECORATION for zDoom only or it can't work for doomsday?

Can someone please help me?

Gez said:

DECORATE will work with ZDoom, GZDoom, Skulltag and Vavoom.

When you have finished the wad file, how are you suppose to convert it into a Zdoom exe file? And will it automaticly work on zDoom exe???

What? You don't need to convert the WAD file into an exe file. If you just run the zDoom exe with the WAD file it should work (provided all your DECORATE code works right.)

The executables don't need to be directly modified to change monster/weapon behaviour anymore, like they did in the earliest DeHackEd days. Now, if you include a DECORATE file in your wad, ZDoom will automatically read it and change how monsters and weapons work with no muss or fuss.

I have everything now:
- gz doom
- decorate wad working

i just need one more thing. When i try to rename my wad to another name other than doom or anything, or start a new wad from scratch, it says it cannot continue and it needs the doom iwad.

any help?

buzzy said:

I have everything now:
- gz doom
- decorate wad working

i just need one more thing. When i try to rename my wad to another name other than doom or anything, or start a new wad from scratch, it says it cannot continue and it needs the doom iwad.

any help?

Are you by any chance loading the iwad, doom.wad or doom2.wad, into your editor and modifying it ?
If that is the case, desist immediately. I hope you have copies made of the iwads beforehand.
Only create add-on maps, or pwads, which will be loaded during the process of starting a game.

Indispensible for any mapper, I suggest reading the Doombuilder manual .

You don't download "DECORATE". It's a text file format. You'll have to write the file yourself (with Notepad or any other text editor). What you have to write into the file is described on the wiki page.

thanks guys for the help
for these past months i've been learning Decorate and i can now build new stuff using it!
I also have this game called GZdoom i found.
Thanks anyway!!!

OK that makes a lot more sense now thank you very much! I knew you had to write the DECORATE file I just thought it was something you had to download and add to the XWE program like adding the node-builders to DoomBuilder.