Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unknown_ghost

Absolution Automap not functioning

I just spent the last 45 minutes searching the forums + google and Doom wiki and I can't find a solution to my problem: On Doom 64 the Absolution TC, I CAN'T USE THE MAP FUNCTION ANYMORE.

-The tab key on my keyboard is functional, I closed Doom and checked.

-Main problem is in OPTIONS; CONTROLS there is no place to set what key brings up the map.

I need to either restore default controls or find the MAP function on the customize controls page.

Please help!!

According to your profile you have never posted. That means this thread must not exist.

I can't solve your problem, I just needed to point that out. :P

StupidBunny said:

According to your profile you have never posted. That means this thread must not exist.

I can't solve your problem, I just needed to point that out. :P

Actually, he posted in blogs, where your post count does not go up when you post. I just needed to point that out. :P

I don't have it with me at the moment but I'd look for the automap key binding line in the cfg file. The file might be called doom64.cfg in the bin folder.

Then, if all the other bindings were just ## (like 34) instead a letter or word (like Q or Tab) then I would know it is reading the keyboard print code and would...

A. be a geek and know it by heart and fill in the line, but that isnt me so
B. look for an app that displays print codes and fill in the line or
C. rename my config and run the game so it loads the defaults, find the line and the number that works for tab then delete the new config and place the proper number in my original config and rename it back.

EDIT:

D. skip AB & C and just add the following to your doom64.cfg down below all the other bindings with notepad.

bind +tab "automap"

If below all other bindings it should override any binding to tab that may already be there though it wouldn't hurt to find and remove the incorrect bind.

yeah, hope that helps and I like my cable modem and it would seem the mod runs well with the freedoom iwad. neat.