Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TKOJ

Random Monster Spawning?

Is there a way to randomly spawn monsters on specific locations of the map? I tried looking at Icon of Sin in Doom2 but found no answers yet.

I know there is one way to create a sector then teleport the monsters to the battlefield but is there another way to just spawn them out of no where, at different timing?

The scripting capabilities of ZDoom, all of ZDoom's derivatives, and Eternity let you do this. If you don't want to use advanced port features then you may be able to exploit the boss brain's functionality to do what you want to do. That, of course, depends on what exactly it is that you're trying to achieve. If you're describe what you're hoping to do more specifically we should be able to give more specific answers.

This will be a map that has a base in the center and it is under siege by waves on monsters that are spawned at points that I have chosen.

Alright, if you want monsters to be spawned at very specific times, and if you don't to use rooms off the map that monsters teleport out of, then you'll need to use an advanced port's scripting features.

It sounds to me like what you want to make is an invasion map, so you can save yourself some work by using that existing editing template to make your level. I've never made an invasion map so someone else will have to explain the basics.