Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphis

Odamex 0.4.3 released; needs Mac OSX package

The Odamex team has released the fourth and likely final version of the Odamex 0.4 series with 0.4.3. This update includes a variety of updates which relate to compatibility, vanilla doom physics, sound, video, and net code. All of the changes can be found in the changelog.

In addition to the changes in this release, the release blog also details certain plans as the team moves towards a 0.5 release and the dire need for an individual that can both compile and maintain a Mac OS X universal (x86/PPC) package. If you feel you can help, please visit the team at irc.oftc.net #odamex or through the project's forums.

I downloaded it and ran around a bit waiting for someone to possibly join. No one did though. Looks much better than last time though.
The coop is still a bit iffy. But it's working. Can't say anything about the DM yet though.

EDIT: Me and Khorus had a few games of DM in Map01 just now. Good stuff. Not 100% yet of course. But generally solid and it didn't crash any.

One thing though. Why the hell can't I bind a key to say in the control options?

I had eagerly checked it when the news came out, but I'm on an Odamex strike till my pet peeve (bug 489) is taken out of its misery :p

I was also turned off from any further input because the bug tracker was down... Nice to see it back now!

I give a damn, I really do. I've never downloaded any version of this port, but I admire it from afar.

kristus said:

One thing though. Why the hell can't I bind a key to say in the control options?

We intend on doing a menu overhaul in the (hopefully) near future. For now, 'bind key messagemode' should do the trick through console

Sign in to follow this