Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

What was old is new again! ASUS Eee Keyboard

I wonder how long the battery lasts between charges - or is it tethered to a power supply the size of a four-slice toaster?

Holy crap, that thing looks about as sturdy as a breadstick.

Be sweet as hell to see how it runs/works though

Kirby said:

Holy crap, that thing looks about as sturdy as a breadstick.{SNIP}

If laptops look so fragile, yet can withstand falling from tables, I'm sure that keyboard will be able to survive REASONABLE abuse.

It does remind me of the Commadore 64, and even Apple IIe days (more C64, though).

The cool factor goes way up with a projector. :)

Where's the built-in tape recorder?

Doesn't look like it'd be worth buying. I bet it'll be up in the price range since its "super portable", and it'd just be better to buy a laptop.

Whoo said:

Doesn't look like it'd be worth buying. I bet it'll be up in the price range since its "super portable", and it'd just be better to buy a laptop.

Eee stuff tends to be ridiculously cheap, so I'd tend to disagree. This doesn't fall under the category of "ultraportable," it's closer to a netbook, so I'd doubt it being over $400.

Mr. Chris said:

Looks thin enough to break over your knee.

I'm sure you could; you can easily break normal laptops too, although it hurts your leg :P

Really, there's a difference between normal abuse (dropping the device, for example) and malice (breaking over your knee). Most devices are not built to withstand malice.