Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IRod54

Best 1000+ monster map?

What do you think is the best 1000+ monster map?

Mine are:

Demonic Hordes (AV Map 25)
For We Are Many (CC3 Map 29)
Citadel At The Edge Of Eternity (CC Map 29)
The Playground (HR2 Map 32)
Hell's Vendetta (DV2 Map 23)
And of course, DV Map 5!

I've definitely played that. The fights probably could have been better balanced though.

Being slightly on-topic, would there be a megawad that averages 900-1000 monsters PER LEVEL? Don't suggest DV2, AV, HR2 because I have played them and not all levels have 1k+ baddies on them.

Not that I know of but don't tell anybody, but I'm trying to make one that is like that.

Oh bugger it.

That being said, CC1 map29 is my favorite of the lot.

1000+?

Ordinarily more than 300 monsters in a map is pretty damn near a slaughter.

St. Peteres Gate is pretty much DV1 map05, which is already on the list. But I'm with you on Unholy Cathedral.

Nuts isn't too hard as long as you grab the invulnerability and megasphere and run to the other end of the map fast. If you actually plan on killing everything on the map, then you'll have issues pretty quickly, especially with all the Archviles in the second part.

Anyway, I don't have any serious 1000+ maps to suggest, what with my sad lack of experience or whatever.

TheMionicDonut said:

Not that I know of but don't tell anybody, but I'm trying to make one that is like that.

Oh bugger it.

That being said, CC1 map29 is my favorite of the lot.

Slaughter maps are the best maps. Unless you finished it, and I missed it, keep going :P

I've been working on my own for some time, as I'm sure some of you are aware. But in case you missed them:

doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/46002-sunder-an-experiment-in-masochism/

I think I've played pretty much every massive slaughter map made, and that being said, It's sad knowing that there are not very many mappers working on any slaughter type map sets. (Karma Sutra 2, and DV II (version...2?) being the only major projects in development that I'm aware of.)

Hell, maybe the next community project here should be a slaughter/HR style map set :P