Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

When I try to run GZdoom in full screen mode, my moniter dosn't work.

I can run the game just fine in windowed mode, but in full screen mode it displays a "no input" message like the one you would see if you unplugged the monitor from the computer. what's wired is that it didn't used to do this. I made no real changes to my computer and while I have recently updated my version of Gzdoom, it did the same with the old version as well.

What's all this about then eh?

This sounds like your monitor and graphics card can't agree about the refresh rate they can support. Normally a monitor tells the grapbics card what it can support but some apparently send incorrect information so the attempt to set the best refresh rate fails.

Try setting gl_vid_refreshHz to specific values that you know to work with other software.

Have you checked the resolution GZDoom is trying to set? Does other OpenGL software still work?

The resolution is set to 1024 x 768. as for other OpenGL stuff... not sure. can you give me an example of something I can test it with? like a demo or some such?

Edit: the original Unreal Tournament runs with the OpenGL renderer. Dose that help?

I had this problem before, it was on an old PC I no longer have
I got "Out of Range" message or something like that in fullscreen when resolution was 640 x 480
I changed it to 640 x 400 and it worked fine

Captain Red said:

Edit: the original Unreal Tournament runs with the OpenGL renderer. Dose that help?

I thought Unreal was strictly D3D.

Unreal tournament came with an 'experimental' OpenGL renderer. to access it you have to select "show all" instead of "show compatible" when selecting the rendering device. I remember it working but D3D ran better...

kimo_xvirus said:
I had this problem before, it was on an old PC I no longer have
I got "Out of Range" message or something like that in fullscreen when resolution was 640 x 480
I changed it to 640 x 400 and it worked fine ]

Set it to 640 x 400. No difference.

I was somehow hoping you'd say 'Intel'. ;)

Nevertheless, do you have problems with any other program? Have you tried other OpenGL Doom source ports like Doomsday or Vavoom?

Captain Red said:

Unreal tournament came with an 'experimental' OpenGL renderer. to access it you have to select "show all" instead of "show compatible" when selecting the rendering device. I remember it working but D3D ran better...

Use this for Unreal Tournament. http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ That is the best renderer available.

I've had opengl based zdoom engines start at 125 Hz for no damn reason before, causing a blank screen when I run it.. but never gzdoom.

Graf Zahl said:

I was somehow hoping you'd say 'Intel'. ;)

Nevertheless, do you have problems with any other program? Have you tried other OpenGL Doom source ports like Doomsday or Vavoom?

Doomsday works fine.