Some suggestion for Doomworld

Good idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • IMPSE! (Random indifference option)

About the /newstuff center.
I'd suggest some function for authors to claim the reviews as authors of the reviewed wad. After some validation from an admin or something, the author can see his wad's review but in a limited way, so it could be read only.

So basically this request of yours is solely based on your personal agenda? So you can see what the reviewer says about your wad before others see it?

Again, what's the point? So you can see the review and if you don't like it, go whine to the reviewer to change it? No thanks.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

Some don't like me.

I hereby solemnly propose this as JacKThERiPPeR's custom title.

That is, only if you and an administrator agrees. I'm merely proposing it ;-)

DuckReconMajor said:
Was that meant to have a comma?

Ah, perhaps we've caught a Freudian slip here :p

But seriously, I agree this wouldn't help. At least it, it could make reviewing a bit less independent and unconditioned.

I'd like to go a step further and make it optional for authors to review their own wads

Ralphis said:

I'd like to go a step further and make it optional for authors to review their own wads

And how would that help anything in the slightest? The new stuff page would end up full of glowing reviews for even the worst WADs. You can't expect the administrators to play every single wad, just to make sure that the all of the fantastic reviews are truthful and lets face it authors would heap nothing but praise on their wads as they can get pretty techy when they are critisized. (for evidence have a look at the alando guns X thread) The authors take on the WAD is what the description part of the .txt file is for.

Ralphis said:

I think it should be mandatory; it's the only way to make sure authors are always happy with the reviews of their wads.

CODOR said:

I think it should be mandatory; it's the only way to make sure authors are always happy with the reviews of their wads.

I so hope you are being sarcastic

The only implication of this is for dirty jobs, so I say a big NO to this idea. Nobody would win; the reviewer would feel stalked and the author would have the surprises spoiled.

Great, "jacktheripper" shits out another putrid pile of worthless posts.

PhilibusMo said:

I so hope you are being sarcastic

It's pretty obvious both ralphis and CODOR are being sarcastic, use ya head kiddo.

RottKing said:

Great, "jacktheripper" shits out another putrid pile of worthless posts.

It's pretty obvious both ralphis and CODOR are being sarcastic, use ya head kiddo.

Yh, i realised that ralphis was being sarcastic about 3 minuites before I read your post and now i feel like a complete dumb ass.