Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomMaster

My Doom II Hack

I thought I would release my Doom 2 hack called Metroi-Doom. Although not yet finished I thought I could maby release it here on Doomworld. It has 31 levels and several things need to be edited but I'm sure you people will like it. I have 13 levels made so far. Any ideas will be aprecheated(I know I cant spell).

Is this a PWAD or an IWAD? I don't know what you mean by "Doom II Hack".

If it's an IWAD, I'd make it a PWAD (requiring a legal, registered copy of DOOM 2).

Pure Hellspawn said:

If it's an IWAD, I'd make it a PWAD (requiring a legal, registered copy of DOOM 2).

You know what a hack is right? It will be a PWAD, but right now I need ideas and stuff like that. Im working on map 13: Norfair=Hell but right now I am also trying to make my own sprite colors.

Hack= A moded are otherwise change in gameplay in a result to the players own ways such as level modifacation or gameplay elements.

fraggle said:

Is it a modified version of Doom2.wad?

I have 2 ver. of it and the 1st is and the second is not. the 1st one is better it turns out. And yes I have Doom II.

Pure Hellspawn said:

Like all self-respecting hacks, it is made with PURE HEX EDITING.

Unless you consider the Tigers Files WADs to be "uber hacks" of course....ahh...the fun we all had ripping those to shit, eh?

DoomMaster said:

Hack= A moded are otherwise change in gameplay in a result to the players own ways such as level modifacation or gameplay elements.

Now that I read this closer...Engrish, machine translation, or just kidding?

If you're modifying a copy of doom2.wad to make your PWAD you're doing it wrong boyo. Just make a new .wad with XWE or something and throw your new maps/resources in there. Modifying the levels in doom2.wad is good if you're still learning how to edit maps, but once you get the gist of it you should just create a new WAD file.

I'm sure he's referring to a PWAD, a .wad file, because I doubt he has the knowledge to hack by hex-editing a big-ass Metroid megawad of Doom 2. Let's be serious, keep hoping that he doesn't quit.

printz said:

I'm sure he's referring to a PWAD, a .wad file, because I doubt he has the knowledge to hack by hex-editing a big-ass Metroid megawad of Doom 2. Let's be serious, keep hoping that he doesn't quit.

Thank You printz. Almost Everyone I Told About This Said I Was Going To Mess Up And They Said THEY HOPED I MESS up. But of course that was on DSultimate and this is Doomworld.

DoomMaster said:

Thank You printz. Almost Everyone I Told About This Said I Was Going To Mess Up And They Said THEY HOPED I MESS up. But of course that was on DSultimate and this is Doomworld.

Wh... what?

Please, don't capitalize every word like that...it gets on people's nerves around here.

Keep the work to the PWAD, not the IWAD type.

Mr. Chris said:

Please, don't capitalize every word like that...it gets on people's nerves around here.

Keep the work to the PWAD, not the IWAD type.

Ok ok i will stop that. It's a habit I have.