Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

New from Id, IWolf!

Well, getting an apple developer pass thingy wouldn't be too much trouble, I could get one via work. However, I guess that apple requires iphone dev to be done on a Mac(?) and thats the bit that would put me off (I'm quite attached to my current setup). However, it does all sound very interesting. Maybe when Real Life quietens down a bit I might give it a look.

DaniJ said:

I guess that apple requires iphone dev to be done on a Mac(?).

The company I am working for is doing iPhone development and everybody is cursing about having to use the Macs... :D

Chilly Willy said:

What's with all the interest in Wolf3D lately? Zack and I do a port to PSP, then I port that to the SEGA 32X, now it's on the iPhone and coming to the 360 and PS3.

:D

You should read the development doc on the site and included with the source release. It explains the whole journey.

Mancubus II said:

You should read the development doc on the site and included with the source release. It explains the whole journey.

It was a rhetorical question. :)

But I did read that, and it was very interesting. He did goof in one place - the sound effects were 7 kHz, not 8. It's kinda interesting that WolfRedux went to all the trouble of putting Wolf3D game code into the Quake II engine to make their version. That seems to be far more work than was needed. Certainly, WolfGL didn't take that route, and I'm surprised Carmack didn't work from that code instead of WolfRedux.