Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IRod54

Creating a new titlepic

I think it's possible to make one from scratch, but I'm not entirely sure.

Make a 320x200 image in the Doom palette, use XWE to import it into your pwad, name it TITLEPIC, and make sure that it isn't between the sprite or flat markers markers. That sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

Also, I think certain source ports can handle titlepics that are a higher resolution and have a wider range of colours.

Use XWE(*) to export the Doom2 TITLEPIC as a BMP file (that'll give you the Doom palette to work with), load it into your favourite pixel editor, wipe the image and replace it with your own creation. When finished - use XWE(*) to import the reworked TITLEPIC into your PWAD.

(*) or SlumpEd.

I love titlepics with Times New Roman text, lime background and paint doodles! At least they're not so persistent as game sprites and textures, so they don't really ruin the game!

I remember I had a lot of fun making the titlepics & intermission page of Scythe II but it's usually a very painful process. Correcting pixels after converting to the palette for a 32x32 image is far more easier than with a full screen image.