Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andwan0

QUERY: Hexen Death Kings official DM levels

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Hexen:_Deathkings_of_the_Dark_Citadel

Deathmatch maps

* As well as the 20 single player maps, Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel also comes with several new maps made specificially for deathmatch play, all of which may all be accessed from the "hub" of Transit:
o Transit (MAP33)
o Over N Under (MAP34)
o Deathfog (MAP35)
o Castle of Pain (MAP36)
o Sewer Pit (MAP37)
o The Rose (MAP38)

EDIT :

GreyGhost said:

Edit - playerlin beat me by a few seconds.

I'm sorry, but you're late... :p

MAP33 - Transit
MAP34 - Over 'N' Under
MAP35 - Death Fog
MAP36 - Castle of Pain
MAP37 - Sewer Pit
MAP38 - The Rose

Edit - playerlin beat me by a few seconds.

Cheers guys.

The Hexen community is not taking off. I think it's because the hubs keep on getting reset everytime you jump from one level to another rather than being persistent.

You never can progress through the levels from MAP01 because the seven portals hub can't be completed properly due to level resets on portal jumps.

andwan0 said:

Cheers guys.

The Hexen community is not taking off. I think it's because the hubs keep on getting reset everytime you jump from one level to another rather than being persistent.

You never can progress through the levels from MAP01 because the seven portals hub can't be completed properly due to level resets on portal jumps.

Huhwhat?

I think he's saying that when playing HeXen in DM, is that when the players travel to another level in the same hub, that the one being left reset's instead of it's status being saved?

Or maybe he's talking about that when one player goes through a portal, that all players are transported and not just the one going through the portal?

Skulltag & eventually ZDaemon are good in that it's making Doom/Heretic/Hexen deathmatching over the internet easily accessible. I was just talking about Hexen's DM. Hexen's levels are linked to several other levels ... and it's impossible to finish one level without flipping switches or collecting keys in another level. So yes, when you change levels, all players teleport to the next level... and you are allowed to visit the previous level... however the switches/keys are reset....

Do you mean in old vanilla hexen.exe or in Skulltag and ZDaemon? If the latter, take the issue with the ports' respective developers.