Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Monopoly Doom! (For Doom 1)

Need some input! Ideas! Suggestions!

Here's my idea so far:
Make a monopoly game of Doom 1. Just Doom 1.
Maybe modify some thing about original Monopoly to make it fit Doom better.
There are 28 properties in Monopoly and 27 levels in Doom. So maybe only have 27 proeprties in this monop.

Luxury Tax could be "Toxic Waste Pit lose 20 heatlh."
Income Tax could be "Lose 50 health in a lava pit searching for a BFG"

Money maybe could be health.

The gameboard art could be the original doom art on the Doom game box.

Chance and Community chest cards would be things like "Advance to Computer Station" (insetad of advance to illinois ave) and "Get ambushed by hidden specter, lose 15 health" instead of pay doctor's fee $50) etc. Bank error in your favor, collect $200 could be "You find a soul sphere, collect 100 Bonus health!" Go back 3 spaces could be "Killed by a Baron of hell, go back 3 spaces"

I was thinking instead of buying houses, you could buy ammo: bullets get built on the cheap side of board, shells, on the pink/orange; rockets on yellow/red and plasma on green dark blue. Houses are small ammo type, hotels are big ammo type. Works out perfectly, since 5 small ammo = 1 big ammo and 5 houses = 1 hotel.

Any ideas what money should be? What role, if any, health, ammo, weapons, and levels should play?

EDIT Another idea: use all 4 episodes from ultimate doom. Each side of the board would represent each episode. Make rents of each level corresopnd to the nature of the level. Secret levels and boss levels higher rents.

Jail could be hell lol. Do pass go, do not collect a soulsphere! Or something like that.

Bank said:

It's actually 4.

you build up to 4 houses. Then you build a hotel. 5 houses = 1 hotel.

esselfortium said:

income tacks.. just brlliant.

POTGIESSER said:

Jail could be hell lol. Do pass go, do not collect a soulsphere! Or something like that.

haha, good idea.

I can think of a few cards already (some assume that we're not talking vanilla Doom 1):

Secret Door - A poorly disguised wall reveals a Medikit worth 25 health.

Map Error In Your Favor - Collect 50 health.

Where's The Rad Suits? - Being forced to run through a slime pit without a rad suit costs you 30 health.

Jump Key - You've found a source port that allows jumping. Bunny-hop your way to GO and collect 1 Soulsphere (however illegitimate it might be).

Visplane Overflow - If you have more than 100 health, revert back to 100 or go to Hell. If you have less than 100 health, you may discard this.

No Clipping Mode - Get out of Hell free. Bonus effect: When exiting Hell with this card, roll dice as normal - if you land on a Chance or Community Chest space, the space in question does not affect you due to lack of collision detection. If you roll a total of 2, you are stuck in Hell's wall and must use your next turn no-clipping out of it.

STARTAN - You take damage to your sense of aesthetics. Lose 1 health.

Ouch Face - Gain 25 health due to programming error.

I'd say ammo was more like money... you "buy" your property by expending ammo on the current owner. :D

The health you get from cards and such would allow you to retain ownership in the event of someone trying to "buy" your property.

Hellbent said:

Go back 3 spaces could be "Killed by a Baron of hell, go back 3 spaces"

I would probably have it a little more descriptive, like:

"Killed by the Bruiser Brothers, reload a save from 3 spaces back."

Or even better:

"You take a Cyberdemon's rocket to the face, get blasted back 3 spaces."

A couple cards:

MAPINFO Error: An error in the MAPINFO Lump causes you to appear at E3M7. (boardwalk).

UAC Teleport Pass: This card enables you to ride any of the UAC Teleports for free (where the teleports could represent Railroads).

You were a dumbass and edited the Doom IWAD: go directly to Hell for your stupidity

Time to shit: You must pause game to go sit on the can. Lose 1 turn.

I'll add more cards if I come up with them. I like the idea of the properties being levels.

Ichor said:

Thanks man for the link! Master of Puppets had the same idea as me: replace train stations with teleporter pads.

Kracov put this together:

You may need to copy the url into a new tab or refresh the page if it doesn't load upon first try.

POTGIESSER said:

you mean megasphere, 200 health points.

IDDQD - Prevent paying another player on their property/location for one turn.