Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scet

You could be the next DUKE NUKEM!

That's right folks, you* could "get to travel around the world** representing Deep Silver as the new official Duke Nukem and get paid to do it"!

* "you" refers to anyone from New York, Dallas or LA.
** "the world" probably refers to some crappy conventions in the US

The website also features some tiny screenshots of an unnamed game that I'm guessing is DNF, but at this point I can understand leaving out the name.

Heh at least the screenshots are better than that 50 x 50 jpg they had posted a couple of years ago...

They'll wind up with either an aggressive steroid abusing bodybuilder or a D-grade actor in a latex rubber bodysuit. :D

exp(x) said:

What the hell? Are they actually going to release DNF?

No they're not. I would say that it's an elaborate hoax, but those words have lost all meaning after being said so many times.

exp(x) said:

What the hell? Are they actually going to release DNF?

There is supposed to be a new "Duke Nukem Trilogy" for the DS and PSP that this could be about.

My theory is that DNF did at one point exist, but is now just a marketing ploy to get press for other Duke games that nobody would otherwise care about.

Too bad Roddy Piper is like 50 now. Back in the day, he would have made the perfect Duke Nukem.

Da Spadger said:

No they're not. I would say that it's an elaborate hoax, but those words have lost all meaning after being said so many times.

Or you could just point at the calendar and snicker. It works, too.

To get Duke Nukem you pour some Sledge Hammer (David Rasche) into an empty 80s action movie hero mold (based on Schwarzenegger, Stallone and whatnot). Especially with this in mind :p

Who even cares about Duke Nukem anymore? Hasn't been in a decent game in a decade. The make him sound the like messiah of video games. Ask a 12 year old who Duke Nukem is and they won't have a damn clue.

Sledge Hammer was awesome. Kurt Russell could have pulled off being Duke back in the day too...

Can anyone actually view the other screenshots? In both Opera and IE7 the page is totally broken for me.

david_a said:

Can anyone actually view the other screenshots? In both Opera and IE7 the page is totally broken for me.

They show up fine on FF3.

I would actually consider trying out, I could get on my dirtbike and film myself riding around my town telling people to blow it out their asses.

But I just had minor surgery and wont be able to get on a dirtbike or even walk well for about a month. It would have been funny to send something in tho :D

I'm interested to see who they pick LOL

At most I can film myself wearing my camo fatigues, jackboots, a balaclava and saying things like "What does it take to change the essence of a man?" or "You wanna see tough? I'll show you tough!" and perform a spinning kick or punching a cardboard box or just wear sunglasses and saying: "Damn, I'm looking good".

Da Spadger said:

Then again, it was said that GNR's "Chineese Democracy" album would never come out....

(Personal opinion: It was best it didn't. Then again, I never cared for GNR anyway.)

Scet said:

* "you" refers to anyone from New York, Dallas or LA.

Um, it doesn't say you have to be from those three cities. Those are three central locations in the most populous areas of the country (Northeast, South Midwest, CALI!!!111). There are like tons of other major cities within proximity to these guys.

Also it says you can send a tape.

Doom Marine said:

April's Fool?

Gonna have to second that. You beat me to it.

It's either an april fools joke, or a really bad idea to post it on the net, since the only people that would qualify spend more time in a gym than in front of a PC.

i thought duke nukem was annoying even back in the day of 3D. I did like the first sidescroller though before he had meat and the sequel was pretty cool too. Come to think of it I never played DN3D all the way through though I bought the killaton collection.

But I also NEVER played doom 2 from map01 straight through to map30. so I'm a little less of a gamer than others. I did sit for years making a terrible mod that no one liked though lol and i'm making something too elaborately complex thats probably pretty stupid still at the moment.

Doom Marine said:

April's Fool?

I'm quite sure, due to the ridiculous thread title and the appearance of the word hoax in this thread.

jplstatic said:

But I also NEVER played doom 2 from map01 straight through to map30. so I'm a little less of a gamer than others. I did sit for years making a terrible mod that no one liked though lol and i'm making something too elaborately complex thats probably pretty stupid still at the moment.

There are actually several people here, myself included who have never gone through Doom 2 from beginning to end. I've gone all the way through Doom and Duke Nukem 3D (except episode 4), though. DN3D was actually one of my favorite games for a while. I made some awesome DM maps that my friends and I played on my LAN back in the day. I'm sad to say I've since lost those maps. :(

yeah I know the feeling. I've made some very descent doom maps between the "I don't know what I'm doing yet" of Chaos 3 and "I'm trying to outdo myself with something new and bazaar" with Nightmares of Loki. Both got bad reviews. The in-betweeners would have been really good. I did manage to find "The Hollow Grounds" though, which is a good representation of what I liked to do mapwise.