Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Quake Critters

I like how you use such simple lines. Very effective. Looks really good.

The ogre's chainsaw looks like he just pulled someone's mailbox out of the ground. :P

It looks like a breifcase that has a tie hanging out of it.
I agree with Kyka on how the simplicity compliments them, very nice.

I like the definition on the Scrag's chest musculature--it must be working out in its spare time. The ogre is pretty cool too--the pose looks like you used a screenshot as a model to me, as it's very close to what's in-game.

Thanks for the comments. I drew these off the top of my head, didn't use any screen-caps as I did them in my spare time at work. looking at this screenshot below...

The scraag doesn't seem to have any shoulders, but I drew them in anyway. MmM these things must be working out lol, but what exercises they do is beyond me, seeing as they have no limbs.

Now for the Ogre I was more interested in capturing their mood and character. I want the viewer to feel their cold nature, walking bare foot on cold metal walkways, dragging their blood rusted chainsaw behind them, like their job of patrolling the dark wet corridors of quake is a miserable chore.

alright so here's a zombie. and next I'll show you a fiend and vore.

http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/quake-zombie-118772379

The zombie one is pretty comical looking (in a good way)--I like that you didn't give him a lower jaw.

He probably tore it off and used it as a weapon, lol. Good stuff.

Shapeless said:

I don't have a Shambler to show you but I will post a Vore in time.

I was hoping you'd get around to drawing one. :D

That scrag is so buffed, I bet it's been a long time since he saw his own tail. I like it a lot though. Very menacing, in a funny kinda way.

The fiend looks pretty cool too. Like it is resting but really alert at the same time.

Some excellent work here Shapeless, this coming from a big Quake fan :) Love the Ogre in his walk pose - a shot which I always felt epitomised to some degree the lonely, isolated atmosphere of the Quake world. Chthon's Awakening is great also - gives a very awe-inspiring feel.