Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaoslord

bored, remade infamous Auferstehung

i came upon a remade edition of auferstehung, and it was downsized but was still as defective as the previous versions, so i fixed it up (out of boredom) and decided to share. I wanna see what ppl think of it. One thing i did was get rid of that annoying Level 30 music. Couple other adjustments were made as well. plz tell me what u think

http://www.mediafire.com/?moyfrjnlyix

i looked through it(editing software), no worries, theres no copyright infrigment(s)
credits to "rrandompersonx450" for downsizing it, im not sure whether to credit "Dark Exodus" or not (shrugs)

Well its stilla travesty.
And there's not really
that much to remake.
We at the Doom preservation
society appreciate your efforts.
But ask that next time.
Make your own wad or at least
pick something better to remake.

in a sense i do agree. ive just taken a hobby to "fixing" minor or major flaws on some wads. I chose auferstehung mainly due to the factors that a)it was downsized and easier to edit than the previous versions(compared to having to edit each individual file,ect.) and b) its highly infamous, apparently.
it just happens to be one of the couple wads on my list of "wads-to-fix". And i agree about making one's own wads, as it is pointless to "kick a dead-horse" by attempting to recreate another's wad(s).
i am currently working on a 30, possibly 32, intricate level wad. ive been working on it for a while now. ill probably release it when im done with making textures,remaining maps, ect.

So, all you did was change one music track and duplicate a few sprites in the wad?

A while back, I had a look inside the remade version the op mentions and now because I was boerd again, I decided to have a look inside your version.

I guess that Dark Exodus would be proud that he made such an (in)famous wad :p

To be painfully honest
I would never touch this
based on what I know
about auferstehung
theres no point in downloading
it lest I want to bunk up
my hard drive with useless
content. And I propose
that the rest of this thread
be typed in the form of
a haiku, in honor of Dark exodos

Oh boy, now instead of playing shit we get to play recycled shit.

EDIT: olol broke combo

If you really wanted to fix it, you should have had duke say "I've got balls of steel" whenever he picked up a weapon, killed an enemy, hit a switch, fell, got hurt, or died.

Ah yes...good ol' Auferstehung. Do you intend to add any new levels in your remake? As it is this isn't too different from the original. Though if you only made this out of boredom I guess that isn't so much of an issue.

StupidBunny said:

Ah yes...good ol' Auferstehung. Do you intend to add any new levels in your remake? As it is this isn't too different from the original. Though if you only made this out of boredom I guess that isn't so much of an issue.

eh, honestly, not really. Im working on my own levels/maps that i wouldnt want to add to something as infamous as auferstehung, as it would likely make people not want to play them, as they would be associated with an abomination such as the association of the original auferstehung and become unpopular and disliked.

the 'remake' is in fact as you implied: a product of boredom.
i just edited the dehacked script/file, a couple maps, added a new texture, fixed a couple sprites, ect. (more of a 'fix' than a remake, in a way)

It's going to take a lot more to fix Auferstehung. In fact, I'm pretty sure a random wad generator that could also randomly generate sounds and graphics would produce something better than Auferstehung.