Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Billy Bob

I'm of the personal opinion that anything that Billy Bob Thornton does should ever be counted as important. Ever.

WTF, BBT isn't being ...serious... is he? I can't tell if this is a mock interview or what... why is BBT acting like such a... ...weirdest fucking interview I've ever seen. What is BBT's (mal)function? One eccentric dude. Okay, by the end of the interview it is clear... kin'a ridiculous... kin'a surreal. That interview was like something you'd see in an off color Cohen brothers movie. Was that really reality? No... no, really too surreal. Twilight Zone meets TV show interview. Hell, might as well throw that interview, as is, into an episode of the Twilight Zone... wouldn't have to edit it or anything. Fill the rest of the episode up with random scenes of Billy Bob Thorton... being Billy Bob Thorton.

EDIT: okay, so they're acting weird because they're upset that the interviewer made reference to Billy's acting career-- obviously they're way overreacting. Like... why don't you just say: "Um... we're not doing this interview, sorry" instead of making yourselves look like idiots....? I mean, they should just accept the fact that their music is not enough on its own to warrant press. Without BBT, the interview wouldn't happen, so if they want to have the interview, they should recongize the small fee they have to pay... and if they can't... well, I guess one way of dealing with it is to waste the interviewer's time since the feel like he wasted their time by not upholding their end of the bargain. What losers. BBT is an arrogant prick.

Other peoples' responses that I thought were appropriate:

cschlac said:
"I'm sorry, did you just compare yourself to Tom Petty? I'll ask you whatever the fu ck I like and until you reach the status, musically, of Tom Petty, I'll keep asking you whatever the fu ck I like.
(is what the host should have said. However, nice control exhibited by him not to wrap an amp cord around thornton's neck)"

lemeliano said:
"I think it was obvious that the BAND is made up of 4 guys and the point is to include them all. Maybe they don't consider Billy Bob the band leader and the guy on the far right is THAT GUY. To keep directing questions to Bob cuz he's a star would be annoying. It was supposed to be about the music, about the band not about BBT"

I find it ironic that Billy Bob Thorton uses his acting skills to handle the interviewer....

EDIT: after watching this a couple times... interviewer really should have stopped asking BBT any questions at all and focused his attention and questions toward the other bandmembers, but he didn't realize at that point why BBT was behaving so weird.

EDIT: Do you guys think the other band members are acting akward becasue they are uncomfortable with BBT's behavior or because they are also irritated by the interviewer?

EDIT: comment on another interview with BB about the Boxmasters:
mysteria31 said:
"I agree. I waited on him in a restaurant once. He was with a bunch of "suits". He looked really uncomfortable sitting there with his red shirt and boots. He kept picking at his fingernails and grinning at everyone who looked at him. He was grinning at the kids and smiling and making faces. When they were finished a lot of the people who had been in the place casually came and said how nice it was to see him. He started to cry. I think he’s ultra-sensitive and feels like a freak a lot of the time."

Wow, that was entertaining in an awkward sort of way. He didn't even play the song at the end? Jeez.

Hellbent said:
Do you guys think the other band members are acting akward becasue they are uncomfortable with BBT's behavior or because they are also irritated by the interviewer?

They were concerned a Hellbent might watch the interview during a hangover.

I think he knew that the dude was a tool like most of the music industry and was fucking with him. I think he pissed off the rest of his band, though.

And if you want to see a weird interview...

or...

Actually that last one is just funny.

Danarchy said:

I think he knew that the dude was a tool like most of the music industry and was fucking with him. I think he pissed off the rest of his band, though.

So you don't think he was being an arrogant prick?

Hellbent said:

So you don't think he was being an arrogant prick?

Well he was. But if you've read about the douchebags they have working in radio and record companies and the like, you'd probably be just as fed up with them as he was. Still, I think he ended up hurting his band just as badly, which wasn't cool.

Crispin Glover was also fucking with Letterman. Some think Joaquin Phoenix is doing the same these days.

Wow. That was phony as all hell.

I noticed they violated the 10-minute rule as well, although if it's a good video (that wasn't), I don't care.
Although, how does that work with HD clips? You'd hit the 1G limit way too fast, or stay within, for a lousy 2 minute clip?

Georgef551 said:

I noticed they violated the 10-minute rule

What are you talking about? "Violated the 10-minute rule" makes it sound like they committed a fucking crime. TV stations and other entities have special accounts that don't restrict video length.

Zaldron said:

Crispin Glover was also fucking with Letterman. Some think Joaquin Phoenix is doing the same these days.

That is true. Crispin Glover was actually acting in-character as the character he was playing in his latest movie. The dude is a bit of an eccentric anyway. And yeah, Joaquin is doing much the same thing. Also, there was the whole Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler fight on Letterman way back in the day. The guy has a history of letting guests fuck with the world on his show.

Bonus videos...

Crispin Glover returns to Letterman:

Kaufman vs. Lawler

(and here's the last bit uncensored)

I heard on the news he canceled his bands tour.

Georgef551 said:

Wow. That was phony as all hell.

I noticed they violated the 10-minute rule as well, although if it's a good video (that wasn't), I don't care.
Although, how does that work with HD clips? You'd hit the 1G limit way too fast, or stay within, for a lousy 2 minute clip?

If you're talking about YouTube, I'm pretty sure the 10 minute limit is only for small-fish uploaders.

And the HD stream streams more than twice as fast as it plays through my 5 mbps internet connection, so the video stream would have to be about 2mbps or less. That means it would take about an hour to use up 1 gigabyte.

AndrewB said:

If you're talking about YouTube, I'm pretty sure the 10 minute limit is only for small-fish uploaders.

Promoted channels and Director's Accounts made before January 1st, 2007 are allowed to upload videos over 10 minutes.

Thornton has repeatedly stated that he has obsessive-compulsive disorder. [...] Various idiosyncratic behaviors have been well-documented in interviews with the actor; among these is a phobia of antique furniture — a disorder shared by the Dwight Yoakam character in the Thornton-penned Sling Blade, and by Thornton's own character in the 2001 film Bandits. Additionally, he has stated that he has a fear of certain types of flatware, a trait assumed by his character, Hank Grotowski, in 2001's Monster's Ball, in which Grotowski insists on a plastic spoon for his daily bowl of chocolate ice cream. In a 2004 interview with The Independent, Thornton explained: "It's just that I won't use real silver. You know, like the big, old, heavy-ass forks and knives, I can't do that. It's the same thing as the antique furniture. I just don't like old stuff. I'm creeped out by it, and I have no explanation why...I don't have a phobia about American antiques, it's mostly French — you know, like the big, old, gold-carved chairs with the velvet cushions. The Louis XIV type. That's what creeps me out. I can spot the imitation antiques a mile off. They have a different vibe. Not as much dust." In addition to his aversion to silver cutlery, velvet, and "creepy, castle-y stuff," Thornton confesses that "pieces from 1700 and 1800 France and England really freak me out, especially harpsichords."