Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

The band Hexen

Hello,
Do you know HeXen?
I discovered them on youtube while looking for some Hexen-game-videos and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKv61l9bH8

I think it is very interesting. Just look at the Cover art (HExen screenshot of the last level), the Song name (Korax => boss) and the album name ("Dark Crucible => Last level)... They also seem to have some Doom related or at least inspired songs ("Sever the wicked" => I think there was a Doom level with this name, too?) but unfortunately I couln't find the lyrics for those songs... In the Korax song theres one passage where the singer sings "Greetings mortal, are you ready to die?", thats the only thing I could understand...

Fenriswolf said:

Hello,
Do you know HeXen?

I didn't, and now I wish that was still the case.

Well the second Hexen band is nice
But I can't totally agree with you cause I don't think the Hexen I first mentioned is that bad... It has more an oldschool sound but I think it isn't so shitty.

sounds to me like their trying to copy Death and Mercyful Fate at the same time, with neither the musical ability or the songwriting ability to pull it off - and a distinct lack of "groove."
but givin that their playing Hexen-related material, I hope they grow into a better musicians.

Fun note: Billy Corgan's first band was called Hexen, a full 11 years before Hexen was released. The more you know.

There is a good black metal band called Behexen and there is also a pretty good symphonic metal band called Bishop of Hexen.

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=48264 <- first Hexen

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=29977 <- 2nd Hexen..

I'm not much into the new wave of thrash bands, but that 2nd Hexen is not too bad new-school thrash... nothing will be beat the 80's thrash bands like Dark Angel, Exodus, Artillery, Onslaught etc... and Razor! ain't that right Bashe? :P (sorry I have never met/talked to you but I am also a huge fan of Razor... "TEAR ME TO PIECES TEAR ME TO PIECES!!")

Ret- said:

I'm not much into the new wave of thrash bands, but that 2nd Hexen is not too bad new-school thrash... nothing will be beat the 80's thrash bands like Dark Angel, Exodus, Artillery, Onslaught etc... and Razor! ain't that right Bashe? :P (sorry I have never met/talked to you but I am also a huge fan of Razor... "TEAR ME TO PIECES TEAR ME TO PIECES!!")

You are not alone! EVIL INVADERS! Hell yeah!

edit: hmm, that could be a name for a Doom map. Kinda cliché though, but still!

SuperSlammer2 said:

I like the first one better. The second one is uhhhh like death metal, I don't like it

woops you're a retard
also razor are definitely amazing

Guest DILDOMASTER666

This thread is about the new tech-death band Doom and their second album Future Shock, right

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Bashe said:

I thought it was their third album. Or first.

(2008) Orchard Of Lamentations <- I'm so clever
(2009) Future Shock

Where is this mysterious third album you're talking about, asshole