Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewj

OBLIGE 3.39 Released

Yes, that setting is rather absurd with the number of monsters it places but there are settings where the situations range from challenging to needing IDDQD for several minutes. :)

Mr. Chris said:

Yes, that setting is rather absurd with the number of monsters it places but there are settings where the situations range from challenging to needing IDDQD for several minutes. :)

You are still welcome to modify the monster quantities yourself. Coincidentally I don't use Crazy, but I'll consider it if I want to see more mancubi and cyberdemons once in a while, but if things are dangerously tough for me, I modify the settings myself.

That I did, especially with the really nasty monsters and resurrecters.

Ajapted: Will the other powerups (and secrets) start showing up in the next public release by any chance?

Nah, next release will occur once Doom 1 works properly, all the boss levels are implemented, and a couple new modules have been finished.

Ajapted said:

Nah, next release will occur once Doom 1 works properly, all the boss levels are implemented, and a couple new modules have been finished.

Doom 1 support...that's something I'm looking forward to. Who knows, I might even make my contributions to the Oblige III codebase once it makes Doom I levels.

Interesting thought: I wonder how complete of a Freedoom we can get if we take the "Ultimate Doom" version of its megawad, replace incomplete Doom 1 monster sprites with finished Doom 2 sprites, and have the levels be random levels? Freedoom has excellent music and texture support; once it gets sprites and levels finished up, it will make a nice "Doom for cheapskates".

I have music to listen to, people to chat to on IMs, going to the gym and a couple other things. XP

I know I *should* have less time in the future.

Chrome Bolt said:

Can you add secrets in soon?

ObHack 006b has real secrets (this is based on the older Oblige code, but has some features Oblige 2 didn't have, such as real secrets):

http://samiam.org/slump/

- Sam