Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkdave1985

port playing of my levels

Hey!

I have downloaded chocolate doom, but i don´t know how it works. i also have downloaded other ports, but i also don´t know there, how i should play my maps with them. the only port in which all my maps are working, is zdooom. but in no one other. even not with the doom2.exe and the shareware version of doom 1. i mean, normallly i just must open the wad. file with the exe. file of the specific port or not? please, anyone should help me. tell me, how i can play all levels in all ports.

for example ports like:

vanilla doom
chocolate doom
doomsday (jdoom)

and so on!

oh, and when anyone have this vanilla doom for me. please send it to me per link, in your next message. i´m not able to find it anywhere. and because of this, i had tried chocolate doom. but this don´t work, like all other ports too. except zdoom.

djd

Check this thread for various launching methods usable in various engines:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/source-ports/45488-how-do-i-get-custom-wads-to-work-on-prboom/

In the command line examples given there you can replace prboom with chocolate-doom. Note that when using the command line with Chocolate Doom you always need the .wad extension and the -file parameter.

You can find the original executable (vanilla) in the shareware package. Note that it's for DOS, so if you really want to try it you might want to get DOSBox.

darkdave1985 said:

oh, and when anyone have this vanilla doom for me. please send it to me per link, in your next message. i´m not able to find it anywhere. and because of this, i had tried chocolate doom. but this don´t work, like all other ports too. except zdoom.

"Vanilla Doom" means the original Doom game without any source ports. Since you already have the original Doom 2 you obviously have vanilla Doom 2.

I'm not sure how you are loading your maps, but since you seems to be managing playing them in ZDoom it sounds like there might be problems in your levels that the other ports you tried won't work with.

darkdave1985 said:

tell me, how i can play all levels in all ports.

Unfortunately that's not possible. One issue you'll have to learn to live with is the use of port-specific features in wads, which - in the worst case - may require you to use a specific version of a source port in order to run the wad. It's a situation you'll learn to live with after a while.

My preferred solution (the command-line purists will hate me for this) is to use a launcher that can be configured for different source ports. Exl's LaunchTool is worth considering for ports that don't require DOS, though you'll have to create config files for unsupported ports. I can help you out with some if you get stuck.