Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LexiMax

Eye Phone Wolf Three Dee One Point One

Sorry for that annoying title. In any case, id just released a 1.1 patch for Wolfenstein 3D for the iPhone. The most noticeable addition is the higher resolution wall textures, decorations and item sprites from the Macintosh port. Oh, and you can turn the music off too, kind of a big deal on a device that is part iPod. If you own the game, you can either grab the update through iTunes or through the App Store on the device itself. It's $4.99 for those of you who don't already have it. See some screenshots.

Heh, would the Nazis really put giant plants in front of pictures of Hitler? (second screenshot)

I don't remember the giant Hitler pic from the Mac version, which I played and made a few maps for back in the day. Oh well.

You are correct. The white brick wall by it'self was done for the Mac version. But the variant with the red picture of Hitler on it wasn't.

In any case, the Mac version was missing a lot of the subtle wall texture variants. I guess that was the tradeoff for the 2x resolution, or maybe they just didn't feel like remaking all of them.

Those are higher resolution? They don't look much different, in the screenshots anyway.

Aren't they of the same quality as the graphics used in the secret levels of DOOM II?

Both the Mac version and DOOM II were released around the same time so it makes sense that they'd share resources between them.

Sign in to follow this