Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

New Wolfenstein Trailer

There's a new Wolfenstein trailer up on Gametrailers for your viewing pleasure. This one plays out like an introduction to the new game, and with this recent surge of promotional material released, it's a safe bet to say that the game's release isn't far away.

Interesting. It'll be even more interesting to see what improvments they done to the Doom3 tech.

Too bad people don't buy games for cinematics or story, seeing some gameplay would have been nice.

Scet said:

Too bad people don't buy games for cinematics or story, seeing some gameplay would have been nice.

Uhm... yes because there haven't been any of that already...
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doomworld-news/45734-wolfenstein-on-gametrailers/

Kaiser: Afaik, they've done some considerable changes (entirely new afaik) to the light engine. Though the MP part of the game will use the ETQW version of the engine. They're not using the Megatextures though.

Texas Libra said:

Blaskowicsz speaks!

Not news. He did that in the last media release as well.

Doesn't look interesting for me. Nazis speaking English, lol. And the hero looks way too gringo in my opinion.

@Vegeta: You do realize this is a game based in the Wolfenstein 3D universe... right?
A game where you eat dead people and dog food for health and Hitler got a mecha suit. And enemy soldiers shout a grammatically incorrect phrase as you kill them.

DaniJ: Now that you mention it. All that is missing is a hat to obsess about. :p

What bugs me is that they suddenly decided that it's not ok for BJ to be a red head anymore. But that's just a minor detail that I'll not bother obsessing about, just that I can't understand why they would change that, to make him more generic?

Damn, I hadn't really paid any attention to this since it got announced, shit looks pretty impressive, haha. It also looks like it's going to make my system cry tears of blood. :|

So were they supposed to market an action game or a CGI WW2 superhero movie with this trailer? :P

Okay, so it's just a trailer...but based on the gameplay video it would seem that all the game needs is a "MAXIMUM STRENGTH"-sound and we've got a mix of Half-Life and Crysis with nazis. Yay.

Super Jamie said:

It's pretty freaky how realistic game graphics are getting nowadays.

That's for sure, those Nazi's look almost as lifelike as department store mannequins.

Now that looks pretty cool, I do hope it has an good story and that it is hard as hell. And I also hope to see some bad guys from the Wolfenstein3D version, mutants with chainguns in their chest. Or Hitler with some mechanical suit as an end boss. I want to relive the good old days with Wolfenstein.

Pretty good cinematic quality compared to the other Doom3 engine games; I know it's prerendered but those games could've had it

Jodwin said:
Okay, so it's just a trailer...but based on the gameplay video it would seem that all the game needs is a "MAXIMUM STRENGTH"-sound and we've got a mix of Half-Life and Crysis with nazis. Yay.

it's a raven game, so I doubt it will be as fun as Half-Life or Crysis.

Vermil said:

A gameplay/interview trailer of Wolfenstein released at the end of last month.

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/wolfenstein/31058

The guy in the interview says that Hitler won't be in the game, that already gives the game a minus. I am not saying the game wont be great but i have always looked at Wolfenstein 3D as somewhat funny with all of the weird enemy's like the robot Hitler and the zombies. The game still looks great though.

EDIT: Also does this game use the Doom engine? Wow! I thought the engine was already dead.

kristus said:
@Vegeta: You do realize this is a game based in the Wolfenstein 3D universe... right?
A game where you eat dead people and dog food for health and Hitler got a mecha suit. And enemy soldiers shout a grammatically incorrect phrase as you kill them.

It does lack the amusement factor of the original. I think DOOM works better as a concept for redoing in a realistic manner utilizing modern technology. It's more grim and less silly than Wolfenstein. That said, they could have used such tech, but in a noticeably different and less "serious" way. Maybe Duke Nukem Forever serves as an example, in a way.

still don't look as photorealistic as HL2 and this is a 2009 production with a year 2000 or so game engine + modification, kinda disapppointed

You know, this isn't the place for this rant... but that comment bothers me. I was unable to play both HL2 and Doom3 when they came out. 5 years after they came out, I was able to play them and Doom3 holds up MUCH better than HL2. I started HL2 and kept searching for a way to improve the texture quality and visuals because it looked so drab and flat... but everything was at the highest setting.

Worse yet, Half Life 2 was really... 'meh'. It was a by the numbers shooter with some physics puzzles thrown in. I beat the game and sat back and just said "eh". The ending was anticlimatic, the story was convoluted and nonexistent... and every scripted event and "twist" was dreadfully predictable. In the 5 years since HL2's release... the game hasn't held up very well. I had more fun playing the Castle Wolfenstein remake than HL2.

Maybe it won't be groundbreaking, but if it's as fun as the last Wolfenstein, I'll be playing it.

dutch devil said:

Now that looks pretty cool, I do hope it has an good story and that it is hard as hell. And I also hope to see some bad guys from the Wolfenstein3D version, mutants with chainguns in their chest. Or Hitler with some mechanical suit as an end boss. I want to relive the good old days with Wolfenstein.

as i wrote in another wolfenstein thread, supernatural elements and strange ideas like these set the game apart from other ww2 themed shooters. hitler in a mech would look perhaps silly today, but i found the theme of "evil experiments" with undead and cyborg soldiers made from remains of battles a fascinating alternate history. same for demonic forces trying to take control of earth via the 3rd reich as their puppet empire. well, a century or so later they tried it more directly, and a green marine stood in their way. of course, bj sinking the tirpitz alone is not so quite accurate history, but who cares in that world?

Captain Red said:

it's a raven game, so I doubt it will be as fun as Half-Life or Crysis.

So you mean it'll suck to the power of ten instead of just sucking like HL and Crysis do? :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

kristus said:

Not news. He did that in the last media release as well.

Well, I never saw the last media release, so :P

And forgive me for sounding like a total newb, but just what exactly is this "grammatically incorrect phrase" that the soldiers yell in the original Wolf3D when they die? Forgive me, as much as I'd like to learn it, I still don't actually speak German.

DaniJ said:

Anyone else getting a distinct Indiana Jones vibe from that intro?

Not just from that intro, but from the whole concept of the Wolf3D universe as a whole.

Jodwin said:
So you mean it'll suck to the power of ten instead of just sucking like HL and Crysis do? :P

If you can't have fun strangling and drowning Koreans then... then...

...then we can't be friends anymore :(

I think that I'm more interested in action trailers that show how troublesome the enemies are, not how they're disintegrated by great fire and thunder.

printz said:

I think that I'm more interested in action trailers that show how troublesome the enemies are, not how they're disintegrated by great fire and thunder.

Darn those pesky nazis, what mischief are they up to this time?

The soldiers fall like drunk flies, that's why. NOT that they die hard and make BJ's face go down on blood -- like those lightning monsters from RTCW (why isn't John Romero back to put again the hud face and comical exit messages)?