Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Sunder - Map20 Appears, finally.

A beautiful place to die again and again and again...

Spoiler

And again and again and so on and so forth 

:D :D :D

Downloading right now, ready to get my ass handed to me.

Let's gooooooo!

e: A quick -nomonsters tour and these maps are gorgeous! I can't wait 'till I get the time to play them for real.

Edited by Spie812

It should be noted that Sunder should officially be considered Boom format rather than limit-removing as the new maps employ boom-specific linedef actions in places (that part of the text file didn't get updated it seems :P ).

Just now, Scotty said:

It should be noted that Sunder should officially be considered Boom format rather than limit-removing as the new maps employ boom-specific linedef actions in places (that part of the text file didn't get updated it seems :P ).

Oh, good point! I totally glossed over that part. Thanks. I'll change that in the next update. 

Gameplay is not for me, I'm just not worthy I suppose. I need to git gud. Map15 and 16 are gorgeous, I had a look around (in GLBoom it ran fine with a few dips from certain points of view) and it's a masterpiece. Visuals are top notch. Beautiful texture work. 

Oh hell. Looks like the clean up of some of my texture files broke a few things in Map 16. So that's going to have some new HOM's in it. Sorry guys. I'll get a fix up shortly.

Edit: Okay, and Map 32 has some issues as well if you're using PrBoom. That will be trickier to fix, but I'll get to that soon as well.

Edited by Insane_Gazebo

Cannot load old maps with PrBoom+.

Error: I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11.

This happens when trying to load maps 11 and 14.

Edited by lirui1001

Do I play this now, or wait for the final release? Tough choices...

On the other hand, it looks like MAP12 has been replaced with "The Zelous Machine", according to the end of level text.

Wow! Map 15 is beautiful and 16 is so massive, look forward to dying many times over on these maps:)

lirui1001 that's odd, I played 15 and 16 just fine, however I was using the 2.5.1.5 Test Build. Also had it set to -comp level 17.

2 minutes ago, Beezle said:

Wow! Map 15 is beautiful and 16 is so massive, look forward to dying many times over on these maps:)

lirui1001 that's odd, I played 15 and 16 just fine, however I was using the 2.5.1.5 Test Build.

I can play maps 15 and 16 normally, this error only happens when loading map11 and map14. Other maps are fine currently.

9 minutes ago, lirui1001 said:

Cannot load old maps with PrBoom+.

Error: I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11.

This happens when trying to load maps 11 and 14.

Very strange! They load fine in PrBoom+ for me.

Also I've updated the download link in the OP to fix the HOMs in Map 16. Not totally sure I spotted all the misalignment's this problem caused, so if you spot any, take a screenshot!

So please grab the new version.

6 minutes ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

Very strange! They load fine in PrBoom+ for me.

Also I've updated the download link in the OP to fix the HOMs in Map 16. Not totally sure I spotted all the misalignment's this problem caused, so if you spot any, take a screenshot!

So please grab the new version.

You know what else is weird? In the DropBox link it says Sunder is just a hair over 82 mb but after downloading its 22mb. Also no issues either with PrBoom 2.5.1.4 on map 11 or 14, using -comp level 9. Thanks for the update I_G!

Edit: Nevermind its 82.1 UNZIPPPED lol.

1 minute ago, Beezle said:

You know what else is weird? In the DropBox link it says Sunder is just a hair over 82 mb but after downloading its 22mb. Also no issues either with PrBoom 2.5.1.4 on map 11 or 14, using -comp level 9. Thanks for the update I_G!

The compressed file is 22 mb, but the wad file is 82 mb uncompressed. 

@Beezle @Insane_Gazebo Just found some weird stuff. Maps 11 and 14 can be loaded normally with PrBoom+ but not with GLBoom+. It still shows the same error code when trying to load either of the 2 maps using GLBoom+.

14 minutes ago, lirui1001 said:

@Beezle @Insane_Gazebo Just found some weird stuff. Maps 11 and 14 can be loaded normally with PrBoom+ but not with GLBoom+. It still shows the same error code when trying to load either of the 2 maps using GLBoom+.

That is very, very strange. I haven't edited the maps at all since the original release back in the stone age. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Edit: Bemused pointed me to the problem. There's textures in those two maps in PNG format, rather than the Doom format. I'll try and fix that in the next update. 

Edited by Insane_Gazebo

So Sunder gets to be the first when it comes to releasing new maps after all. Huh, I didn't see that coming.

It will soon be time to be destroyed again :D.

1 hour ago, 3saster said:

The final release seems to still be years away, so you should play what you get right now :)

Unless you plan to speedrun Sunder, then you should wait until it's finish, lest your demos desync in the many revisions to get there.

On the other hand, it looks like MAP12 has been replaced with "The Zelous Machine", according to the end of level text.

Final release: another decade passed :)

Just now, lirui1001 said:

Final release: another decade passed :)

It took I_G four months since Sunder was resurrected to make 4 more maps. At this speed, it will only take 14 months for Sunder to be finished!

...assuming he doesn't get carried away... given how big these maps are getting, I'm half-expecting MAP30 to take a week to play through...

1 minute ago, 3saster said:

It took I_G four months since Sunder was resurrected to make 4 more maps. At this speed, it will only take 14 months for Sunder to be finished!

...assuming he doesn't get carried away... given how big these maps are getting, I'm half-expecting MAP30 to take a week to play through...

Much longer than SF2012 Map30 :)

Galileo recently pointed out a lot of credits which I remembered to put in the OP, I forgot to put in the ReadMe. Whoops. I'll make sure to update that too. 

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

The final release seems to still be years away, so you should play what you get right now :)

Unless you plan to speedrun Sunder, then you should wait until it's finish, lest your demos desync in the many revisions to get there.

Or if they're waiting for difficulty settings.

I was kinda wanting that but the original didn't have settings either, I think, so there's probably no point in waiting. I could do it once, I can do it again.

Hopefully this time I won't have to shotgun everything to death and there's more stuff lying around than shells :p.

If the Boom format gets updated to remove the line limit, well...

Holeee shiiiit these maps are gorgeous I_G. Ran around with no monsters just staring at the scenery and wow—I would've never, never guessed that if/when you came back, that you'd make massive behemoths once more. I honestly thought we'd be getting a few more the size of Metal Descendants or Grinder... maybe Hive Mother if we were lucky. Instead you serve us with four maps that put The Furnace to shame! Whispers is absolutely breathtaking, both in its oft-underused theme (muddy wood & hanging lanterns!) and the sheer, astounding scope of it all. I love the theme of House too, and it looks to be a nasty little cramped map. Excellent job working on these and getting them into our hands—you remain a master whose sense of grandeur is truly inimitable.

I'm hoping for some smaller maps in the future just so you don't burn out!