Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Sunder - Map20 Appears, finally.

Currently getting ripped apart in the various fights of map 31, and I'm loving every bit of it.
The magnitude of the locale, right from the beginning where you can get a grasp of the sheer size of the aptly named "House of Corrosion", is mind-blowing.

Awesome stuff, Insane_Gazebo. Thank you so much for your work.

I was helping IG with some texture stuff and wad management as this uses some new OTEX resources, but evidently I fucked some stuff up. What I shared back to him was not meant to be released as-is but I wasn't clear about that, so it's my fault to a large degree. I will look into it again tonight and hopefully fix some remaining texture errors.

24 minutes ago, ukiro said:

I was helping IG with some texture stuff and wad management as this uses some new OTEX resources, but evidently I fucked some stuff up. What I shared back to him was not meant to be released as-is but I wasn't clear about that, so it's my fault to a large degree. I will look into it again tonight and hopefully fix some remaining texture errors.

To be fair Ukiro, I should have tested your work properly before uploading it here, so I'm also to blame here :)

Still, nothing crazy broke, so it could have been worse! (And once again, thank you for all your contributions.)

for a moment i was like "not this again who bumped this thread" but was actually very pleasantly surprised!

On 6/10/2019 at 4:52 AM, Altazimuth said:

Bethesda: "Hey guys we're showing more Doom Eternal content today at our E3 press conference!"
I_G: "Hold my beer."

CLASSIC DOOM up again in this site! ;D

Edited by Paul977

Is 43,000 deaths a fair trade off for the satisfaction of finishing a mere four maps?

Yes. Yes it is.

12 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

An update arrives!

6/10/19 An historic day! Huge respect for all the work you've made!   

How will the next maps be released? One at a time or in other way? I'm just interested in the MAP17 like Belle from @DuckReconMajor post

On 4/20/2009 at 10:27 AM, Insane_Gazebo said:

This map is outrageously long!

Can take over 6 hours to complete.

I draw the line at 1 hour unfortunately. :\

12 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

I draw the line at 1 hour unfortunately. :\

Yeah I normally save quite often if a map is 1hr+ long lol, don't let the length keep you from enjoying these fucking amazing maps.

Hell yes! Thanks for the update. Will definitely be putting it through its paces (or at least attempting to!) when I get home from work tomorrow morning.

On 4/20/2009 at 7:27 PM, Insane_Gazebo said:

Map 32 - The Harlot's Garden

Map titles new and old have been fixed.

Very minor thingy, but in MAPINFO, the apostrophe for this title is missing. Same in CWILV32 and CWILV14, and the DEHACKED strings for those two.

This WAD is destroying my computer right now. Map15 and 16 lag like hell, but I'll definitely play it unless my computer actually explodes. BTW, the screenshot from Map17 is so great! Can't wait for Map17.

Had to just take quick romp to look around as I didn't have much time to sink, but move away tap-dancing Jesus F. Christ, this is the second coming we've been waiting for. 

Although I can't exactly say anything about gameplay yet, the visual pilebunker is as stunning as ever. 

Dragonfly's palette looks incredible on these levels. And I love the new statusbar.

Edit: here is an incredibly quick and pathetic FDA look at the new secret levels, by yours falsely (I -warp'ed to each)

Unfortunately prboom viddump didn't get the music, which is unfortunate because the music is awesome

Edited by DuckReconMajor

5 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Dragonfly's palette looks incredible on these levels. And I love the new statusbar.

Edit: here is an incredibly quick and pathetic FDA look at the new secret levels, by yours falsely (I -warp'ed to each)

Unfortunately prboom viddump didn't get the music, which is unfortunate because the music is awesome

These look incredibly similar to my FDA's

I played all the map 31 , a bit of map 15 and 32 and it's awesome. I found some cheesable fights , you can see on my stream at 2:23:35 and 3:33:30.

An update appears! (Check the OP)

Fixes include:

- An updated Readme (hopefully now with all the correct credits)

- Maps 11 and 14 no longer crash in GLBoom

- The Map 32 paintings tile correctly

- An exploit on Map 32 has now been fixed (possibly pointed out to me before, but I forgot about it. Thanks Roofi.)

- Some minor texture alignment issues on Map 16 fixed

Thanks Ukiro for fixing my textures etc once again.

Thank you Roofi and DuckReconMajor :) I went through both, and even made a few small changes based on your attempts.

Also thanks Xymph for reminding me to add the apostrophes to mapinfo/dehacked, that's been bugging me for a long time. :)

Edited by Insane_Gazebo

1 hour ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

Also thanks Xymph for reminding me to add the apostrophes to mapinfo/dehacked, that's been bugging me for a long time. :) 

Happy to help. :) In that case, since you additionally adjusted MAP10's "Hag's" in those two lumps, the same fix is needed in the readme.txt.

24 minutes ago, Krull said:

I suppose I should mention that I managed to cheese the exit to the secret level:

Reveal hidden contents

After the aforementioned bad framerate, you encounter a section with pillars, some barons and a raised platform with archviles. If you take the teleport to that platform and jump off, you can land on the opposite side of a fence with a bunch of revenants and nobles facing you. Run along there and you can get over the bars blocking the exit.

What on earth? I swear I blocked that off after one of my testers found it. Guess I messed up and didn't save that version correctly and never noticed. 

And yeah, that map is the worst, frame rate wise out of the new maps by a large margin. If GZDoom supported the reject table, that might work better, but GZDoom's performance isn't the best. Hopefully I warned people enough about it in the OP as I was well aware of the performance issues and I feel pretty bad about it.

And the funny part? It used to be a lot worse. See if you can guess why!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20190123_154436.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190116_221343.png

I continue my stream. I will finish map 32 this time ! (I did the beginning yesterday)

8 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

Thank you Roofi and DuckReconMajor :) I went through both, and even made a few small changes based on your attempts.

I actually tried map31 a bunch of times yesterday, and even almost got the hang of the first few rooms. If these are helpful I can upload -viddumps of best attempts a bit more often.

Impressive work with the new levels. I've never been a fan of Sunder because it's way too grindy for my taste. But I dig the aesthetics and architecture, the locations are interesting and the detailing is mind blowing. I will definitely check out whatever levels you might add down the road.