Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Sunder - Map20 Appears, finally.

I've only played the first map yet. But the usage of Arch-Vile in it was frustrating me. I got to the point where I had killed the Cyb and then went outside and got back in and these arch-viles where running around resurrecting all my kills behind a wall of monsters. It wasn't like I had all that much ammo and even less health so it was a pressing situation to get that/those arch viles before I was out of ammo.

I died.
I'll probably get back at it again. But I feel that when you use the arch-vile like that, it's usually more about luck than skill to get them down.

kristus said:

I've only played the first map yet. But the usage of Arch-Vile in it was frustrating me. I got to the point where I had killed the Cyb and then went outside and got back in and these arch-viles where running around resurrecting all my kills behind a wall of monsters. It wasn't like I had all that much ammo and even less health so it was a pressing situation to get that/those arch viles before I was out of ammo.

I died.
I'll probably get back at it again. But I feel that when you use the arch-vile like that, it's usually more about luck than skill to get them down.

If you first use the cyber for infighting and once you go out, run back inside ASAP after flipping the switch the map will go much more smoothly.

There's also a bunch of ammo in the outdoor switch room. In that situation (stuck outdoor, with a wall of monsters at the door and AVs behind) you can run to the opposite side of the building and sit there for a few seconds, which will lure all the monsters that way, then run back to the other side and through the door before they're even halfway back.

Jodwin said:

If you first use the cyber for infighting and once you go out, run back inside ASAP after flipping the switch the map will go much more smoothly.

Yeah I had no knowledge on what would come next so I killed that Cyb before I went outside.

These levels are awesome. Architecture is unique and epic.

Gameplay is tough but mostly reasonable so far. Am up to level 3 now. Some of the floor detail in the room with the funny snake head room on level 3, otherwise the detailing hasn't really got in the way for me.

The only real thing I would mention so far is you could probably afford to spam a few more medikits. I mean, if you get the crap beaten out of you on one fight, you are kind of screwed for the next encounter. Having more medikits would mean at least you go into each new area with 100 health, so you can take a hit or two.

Awesome stuff. Really glad you finished and polished this up, coz it is a great set of levels.

It would have been a good idea to mention the suggested -complevel. With the default of -1, the HK room in map 2 doesn't work correctly, and the iron bars at exit won't lower. Everything works fine with complevel 9 (Boom) though.

As someone said already, the last revenant horde is more tedious than difficult. But you have obviously tweaked the ammo down to the last shell, and that in turn makes it interesting/strategical again. Also, with that many demons a berserk pack near start or somewhere in the middle would make sense (instead of the nice piss take putting it infront of the exit) Awesomely challenging and fun sofar.

Playing through map04 today, I noticed linedefs 1414, 1415, 1420, 1421, 1427, 1428, 1430, 1431, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1633 and 1637 (all midtextures) are missing the Impassable tag. The 16XX linedefs are also missing a back texture, which wouldn't matter if it was impassable anyway but as it is causes a HOM.

On another note, is anyone getting weird sound glitches with that map in GZDoom ? I assume it's the number of crushers that causes that.

Phml said:

Playing through map04 today, I noticed linedefs 1414, 1415, 1420, 1421, 1427, 1428, 1430, 1431, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1633 and 1637 (all midtextures) are missing the Impassable tag. The 16XX linedefs are also missing a back texture, which wouldn't matter if it was impassable anyway but as it is causes a HOM.

On another note, is anyone getting weird sound glitches with that map in GZDoom ? I assume it's the number of crushers that causes that.

Thanks for pointing those problems in regards to missing textres/missing impassible tags and so on, but I've already fixed them - I've just been waiting until I have time to get back and fix everything that's wrong with this map set, before uploading the newer version that had the problems you mentioned fixed, as well as a few other issues.

As to that sound bug, however, it doesn't appear to happen on my machine on GZDoom, so try playing around with your sound settings perhaps?

These maps are crazy. I've completed both HR, DV and other hardcore maps and this is possibly the hardest of all of them, very close to the first DV.

I've completed the first 5 maps and I'm on the sixth one, which also has awesome music. I'm really impressed by the level of detail of the maps, but my only complain is that it abuses the same gimmick, of presenting an empty room and then after doing something, activating the trap where a horde of monsters appears. It is still very challenging and rewarding, massive maps that aren't frustrating (the closest it has become of being that are some sections of map 5, most deaths where by falling into the lava).

I'm really excited to complete this, and hope it gets a cacoward, because it deserves it.

As to that sound bug, however, it doesn't appear to happen on my machine on GZDoom, so try playing around with your sound settings perhaps?

If it doesn't happen for you, it's probably just my computer (I supposed it was but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask). I get the same kind of stuff on other "busy" maps - some sounds not playing or playing with a small delay sometimes.

Ugh...I'm hating how my sub par laptop cannot cope with the later stages as well as Maps 5 and 7...yet it runs DVII perfectly fine...>_<...what in the hell!? Playing this exclusively on ZDoom btw...

Can someone tell me why the hell my display glitches out (brightens up and gets a bit pixelated) every time I install and use any form of GZDoom...that shit has been bugging me for quite some time now...

Maps are fucking awesome...just wish my piece of crap LT can play the last 3 maps without any form of slowdown...-_-...Make this a 32 Level MegaWAD!!

Been stucked on the last battle of map 7 for a couple hours, but I'm still loving this map. Should be renamed Danmaku Doom, being able to avoid the fireballs of hundreds of imps, hell knights and mancubi without getting a single scratch is mad exciting. These maps are among the most balanced ever, bet you spent more time playtesting than playing.

I finally maxed map10 today, mostly thanks to the GZDoom beta. Big performance boost in some maps, such as this one, enough on my rig to make it playable (dips below 40 are few and far between). The more I'm playing these maps, the more I like them.

Ammo and health were fine, although I felt during the revenant tunnel and then hell knight / mancubus horde I could have used a little more armor ; but then, there's a megasphere in that easy-to-escape revenant/demon room so it evens out.

There's still one thing that bugs me with the final fight ; all the monsters teleport at the same spot, so it's possible to activate the switch, sit on the S until the next switch is revealed, flip it, run around doing circles while the lift's floor raises (keeping most if not all monsters inside the circle shaped room), and going to the exit as soon as the lift can be used ; essentially skipping the whole fight without much effort.

Phml said:

I finally maxed map10 today, mostly thanks to the GZDoom beta. Big performance boost in some maps, such as this one, enough on my rig to make it playable (dips below 40 are few and far between). The more I'm playing these maps, the more I like them.

Ammo and health were fine, although I felt during the revenant tunnel and then hell knight / mancubus horde I could have used a little more armor ; but then, there's a megasphere in that easy-to-escape revenant/demon room so it evens out.

There's still one thing that bugs me with the final fight ; all the monsters teleport at the same spot, so it's possible to activate the switch, sit on the S until the next switch is revealed, flip it, run around doing circles while the lift's floor raises (keeping most if not all monsters inside the circle shaped room), and going to the exit as soon as the lift can be used ; essentially skipping the whole fight without much effort.

Ah, bugger. Didn't realise you could sit on teleport exits like that. I just assumed the monsters would telefrag the player.

I'm on holidays right now, and haven't had a chance to get back to this wad just yet. I'm still planning on scaling up Map09 to give the player a bit more room - I suppose that will mostly be a matter of figuring out the exact percentage that benefits the player, as well as keeping the textures in alignment.

As for everyone else who's enjoying this: that's great to hear. And yeah, there will be more maps on the way.

Also Khaoscythe, I believe the reason you're having trouble is because you're not running GZDoom, as I'm pretty sure you could not have played DVII without it? (I might be wrong, though.)

Personal Opinion :
The maps all look great including the first one although it looks a bit dull until you walk outside. MAP01 isn't hard, but tedious if you're going for UV-Max. I looked at the other maps and I'm liking em'. Its a nice Deus Vult-ish wad that is harder than Deus Vult. Archvile placement is devious and intimidating as the author places the player behind him face away and leaves the player to think or run away. I've viewed a bit of the other maps and the monster count exceeds 1k.

Hints/tips :
Monster infighting is a good friend and can help you save ammo and health.

Rating :
MAPs - Overall great. Monster placement was devious and fun
Midi/music - Good selections
Graphics - I guess...IDK. Title screen was neat Others were just ripped from somewhere else as far as I know.
Gameplay - Hell yeah! Intense! Sometimes you can play aggressive, but sometimes you need to manipulate the monsters.

Insane_Gazebo said:

Ah, bugger. Didn't realise you could sit on teleport exits like that. I just assumed the monsters would telefrag the player.

I'm on holidays right now, and haven't had a chance to get back to this wad just yet. I'm still planning on scaling up Map09 to give the player a bit more room - I suppose that will mostly be a matter of figuring out the exact percentage that benefits the player, as well as keeping the textures in alignment.

As for everyone else who's enjoying this: that's great to hear. And yeah, there will be more maps on the way.

Also Khaoscythe, I believe the reason you're having trouble is because you're not running GZDoom, as I'm pretty sure you could not have played DVII without it? (I might be wrong, though.)

You could run Deus Vult II on prboom-plus and it runs fine. I think you can run dvII on any limit removing source port without problems depending on your OS.

The game is very well done in the design, but it's really unfair. Kill a Archvile, four Revenants, some Hell Knights and LOTS of Imps with a Shotgun, without jumping or croutching... IN THE FIRST LEVEL?! Oh man. I am a good player, but this is just ridiculous. Makes DV-II and Hell Revealed looks a children game. But I'll keep trying, it's a awesome WAD.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Just finished massacring this behemoth of gargantuac proportions, I'm here to offer my thoughts concerning the difficulty of the gameplay. Played in PRBoom+ (2.5.0.6) with -complevel 9 to which the framerate was outstandingly smooth even when capped as I prefer the look and feel.

Take note it is currently 10PM in my region, therefore my mind is severely drained and as such my style of writing may seem simplistic and often repetitive

MAP01 (Python) - Impressively daunting placing an Archvile at the beginning, my strategy involved circle strafing letting the Revenants and HK's cripple him severely. The Imp horde was fairly managable although one must take care in luring them out, guiding them to one side of the room rather than have them spread everywhere as I was trapped several times making a mad dash to claim the SSG. The outside area granted a magnificent sense of 'Deus Vult II' nostalgia, the sheer scale reflecting the inexorable hordes of bastarised hellspawn to come. The Archviles weren't too brutal providing cover is utilized and in some lucky occasions they'd come charging right at the player rather than become tangled in the horde.

MAP02 (The Burrow) - First impression of the architecture reminded me of Scythe, the mini Revenant curve was a welcome touch, the gladitorial ring with the HK's isn't as brutal as one may first perceive. Strategy involved firing at one side while constantly strafing anti/clock wise rarely being sizzled by luminous fireballs. I felt the finale with the Revenants was somewhat primitive considering their sheer number although suffice to say the encounter was lethal unless cover was used.

MAP03 (The Dreaming Garden) - I truly admire the texture usage of this one, despite being repetitive in nature the green/white appearence created a surreal experience, enhanced greatly by the soothing melody of the 'Requiem' track. The Cyber and HK/Baron fight was the toughest even when I desperately tried to initiate constant infighting, having to strafe throughout the room bombarding all with Rockets and Plasma yet still in danger of being trapped with ease. However I admired the strategic element the map evoked due to it's cramped areas, provoking infighting and diving in and out between hordes.

MAP04 (Metal Descendants) - Wonderful choice in selecting a 'BLOOD' Midi and it suited the theme of the map well. The dark brooding shift of metallic devices reminded me of 'Spare Parts' from BLOOD, creating a great sense of nostaliga. The first room enshrouded in darkness with HK's and Commandoes positioned behind the windows was excruciatingly tedious due to the bastards perforating me with ease, however for the HK's I simply shook my first and manoeveured around the room once the majority of the Commandoes were dead. The fight by the Red key I thought was surprisingly anti-climatic, despite the intimidating abundance of Revenants and HK's I decided to simply strafe around the room provoking infighting and allowing the majority to be once again crushed, very little need to select armanents.

The minor platforming between the crushers before the Blue key was exceptionally devious, having to position myself with care and speed at the edge of each platform, and even then the Commandoes could easily knock me off.

After gleaming through the thread it seems I am the only one who thought the final battle with the army of Revenants and HK's swarming out of the walls to be anti-climatic. Upon first seeing the abundance of enemies I decided it'd be more efficient and perhaps safer to allow them to be crushed rather than risk a rocket to the face. Circle strafing worked marvelously, I didn't even make use of the Invulnerability dispatching it as an odd anomaly.

MAP05 (Precarious) - Dear God! The architecture seemed heavily inspired by HP Lovecraft, across distant worlds one lone marine stood to bear the haunting beauty of Hell. My majority gripe with this one is the exclusion of teleporters, not one is included! Therefore heavy utilization of savestates were necessary in navigating the crooked pathways. I'd recommend placing a small number as any chance of demo recording this is ridicolous. The final battle was insidously cruel, I was unable to come up with a suitably safe strategy so settled for allowing the Cybers to eat away at the Revenants while I constantly pelted all with rockets and plasma. Your one devious bastard for making the player trek all the way back to the beginning after enduring such an agonizing battle ;)

MAP06 (Grinder) - I hold both in high esteem and shake with despair. Never before have I seen this style of mapping, exposed from all sides with little to no cover provided constantly bombarded. I couldn't for the life of me create a safe strategy to wipe out the Archviles spawning at the start, therefore relying on luck by using rockets to pelt the horde whilst positiong myself below the Plasma hoping I wouldn't be dusted by a Cyber's rocket. Yet still the danger of the situation was enormous! Absolutely despised the two Cybers by the Demons, no matter where they are positioned they always seem to stay relatively close to the player. I stayed in the path pelting with Plasma whilst strafing to and fro. Now the mammoth HK horde was tedious to eat away at, the reason? I depleted both my supply of rockets and plasma and had to settle with shells for around 5 minutes.

I read your strategy on the final room and was quite surprised. Upon entering I noticed a switch in the corner and immediately grasped the invul, armed with the RL I blasted my way to each corner hitting all three switchs then darting to the exit room but not leaving until all were slaughtered.

MAP07 (Hollow Icon) - Loved this one, the sheer scale of the combat was absolutely fantastic although not as insane as I first perceived. The final arena saw me use the BFG to prevent being swarmed by the Demons and Imps, followed by helpings of rockets combined with making dashes towards cells and using aggression to slay multiple enemies at one time. I thought the ammo allocation was relatively good, truly one is limited by their aggression in this map.

MAP08 (Pale Monument) - This was simply breathtaking, the music combined with the dull yet huge scale of the architecutre felt as If I was painting a picture so to speak. Excellent choice in placing a mammoth Caco horde, unless a player keeps a firm grasp over the situation they can easily spread throughout the map.

My only major concern was the final room.. Is their really a safe strategy? The battle seemed based more on luck then skill in my opinion. I chose to circle strafe around the bordors, using the BFG to eat away at the hordes to prevent beig swarmed, then what ensued was an insane game of dodgeball moving in and out of hordes launching rocket upon rocket. Finishing on 13% I believe the finale is near impossible without saving.

MAP09 (The Cage) - I felt the architecute reflected a hauntingly beautiful depiction of Castlevania. Yet fucking hell at this point I couldn't continue without saving before every skirmish, taking on mass hordes despite navigating a ludicrously small pathway? I thought it rather cheap how a Cyber popped up instantly upon passing the 'Megasphere' in the wedge, however the skirmishes within the tightly controlled areas were a breath of fresh of air from the combat offered in wide open areas from the previous maps.

However I must protest at the final battle.. How in the hell can anyone adopt a secure strategy with 3 masterminds, Archviles and whilst being swarmed from every corner of the room? My mediocre strategy involved sticking close to the cages to avoid being targeted whilst circle strafing the room firing out BFG blasts, using the Invulnerabilites when things became too hectic, yet despite everything it took around 5 tries to succeed. It seems impossible to come out of the grand finale without being severely molested, I can comprehend the nature of the battle, a grueling scrap with absolutely no cover provided relying soley on effective aiming and a considerable stroke of good luck.

MAP10 (The Hag's Finger) - Upon first hearing of the name I thought the term finger correlated to a layout of one huge canyon in which the player was constantly bombarded having no time to rest. I thought this pinnacle of endurance was infact easier compared to previous maps. Gameplay wise I thought this one was grossely primitive, the very first fight in particular in which I was forced to take on 100 HK's with nothing but an SSG, nothing considerably overwhelming but still rather dull. However it seems as though the player is not meant to massacre the entire horde, considering Archvile reinforcements arrive upon hitting the switch in the narrow pathway. However if anything the music choice was spot on, creating a very brooding and chokeing atmosphere full of despair and hopelessness. The later fights were considerably tough even when the player wasn't enclosed into the area. A satisfying finale although I worry about the repetitive nature of the horde based combat.

To conclude I feel the scale of the WAD has created a difficulty curve even higher than that of DV. To which I could complete every map of DVII without utizling saves whilst playing (only using them at the beginning of each level). I honestly feel these maps would be near impossible without constant saving, although I'm proud to say I achieved 100% kills with the exception of enemies falling into the murky depths. It is difficult to give a true interpretation of how difficult these maps are, considering they are aimed for 'Doom Gods'.

It'd be fantastic if this were tweaked for cooperative support and featured different skill levels.

Gameplay wise I thought this one was grossely primitive, the very first fight in particular in which I was forced to take on 100 HK's with nothing but an SSG, nothing considerably overwhelming but still rather dull.

Not too far from the start, there's a platform with all weapons available except the chaingun (which you get killing the two chaingun dudes guarding the first switch).

But ofcourse one cannot miss it, however I depleted my supply of cells and rockets eating away at the horde. At first I thought to manipulate the Cybers by using them to infight with the mass spawns however I declined the idea on the basis of being to risky.

I see I didn't make myself entirely clear. The nature of the some of the battles on the finale are clearly without creativity, to be specific the one in which HK's and Mancubie spawn out of a corner is nothing but mind numbing bombardment with rockets coupled with the arena with three spawns bearing Barons and three Archviles. A formidable map indeed but one quivering in the tactical department.

Alas upon giving it a second thought I see 'Coop support' is not technically possible with this wad. Consider 'Precarious and The Cage' in which the narrow pathways would allow players to shoot each other off into the firey depths below with ease.

Ah, my bad. I usually finish that first fight with lots of extra ammo, personally. My own strategy was to grab the megasphere and flip the switch, move down to get cover, let the archviles run to me, kill them with the BFG, then move to another cover taking down the mancubus with the rocket launcher. The hell knight / imp horde acts as a "wall" against the cybies, who will try to shoot their way through anyway and end up infighting. Some of the mancubus shots will inevitably hit the HKs and imps as well, for even more infighting goodness. With all the room and cover available, I haven't run into trouble doing that, especially as there's two spots (walls with one pillar on the opposite side) where cybers can't get through at all while hell knights/imps tend to get stuck on the other side.

Bloodite Krypto said:

[SPOILER ALERT]

Insane amounts of feedback.

Wow, thanks for the huge write-up Bloodite. Nice to see you enjoyed it :)

As for your map strategies, you certainly played most of the maps the way I intended, with a few exceptions:

Map05 - Interesting solution, and probably a great deal easier than the intended one. I always assumed the teleporters where I placed the switches would be too crowded to do what you attempted, but I guess not!

Map08 - I actually did intend for the caco-swarm to cover the map. (Which is part of the reason the BFG cage opens up at the beginning of the map.) As for the final room, your solution for a circle-strafe like movement around the room was mostly correct - the object is to focus your fire on the monsters blocking you, rather than the main hordes. They will, in turn for the most part, kill each other off until they're managable. (Which by then, shall allow you to get the ammo they're guarding, unless you were brave and went at it earlier.)

Map09 - Not a map I'm happy with to be honest. As I said in a few posts prior to yours, I intend to revisit it and re-scale the map. It was one of the first maps I made, and I honestly didn't have very good grasp of just how much room the player needed. (Something I'm still working on.)
As for the last room, however, there is indeed a strat I had planned out. What I had intended was as follows:
Begin by one of the two invul's, and get ready to take out the Spider Masterminds early. Once they're taken care of, make your way to the second invul, taking out arch-viles if you can along the way. The last bit, will involve the teleporters around the room. The object is to dance from one to the next when the horde get a little close, until, finally, the room is clear.

Map10 - This map was a headache from the beginning. I'm surprised you had trouble at the start ammo wise, I suspect you were either unlucky, or let the arch-viles ressurect too many of their friends?
As for the seemingly un-insipred layout, I can see forcing myself into the particular layout I did, made for some less than interesting combat. There were a few fights I was happy with, but like Map09, I came away feeling that while the visuals looked spot on to how I envisioned the map, they had negatively impacted the layout, and impeded player movement in manner which wasn't so much fun.

As for some coop tweaking and so on, I'd love to do it - but it's something I think I'll look at that much later. I'd prefer to get some more maps done, otherwise I'll just burn myself out tweaking the current ones. (I'm utterly sick of Map09 as it is.)

wow, I love this! I am playing it on my laptop so not able to do so well, but I got to the final stage of map01. Excellent use of textures, architecture and reusage of the same area!! I love this kind of gameplay. Great usage of the arch viles. What a fun map! Pending the rest of the maps are near as good, this gets my Cacoward vote.

These maps are among the most spectacular I've ever seen!

I finished map01 and thought it was pretty cool. I got to map02 and quit when I had a horde of Revenants to kill (after 2 cybers). Not that it was too hard, but it was tedious to keep it up for several minutes. Then I warped around and looked at the rest of the maps. I think you can categorize some of the later maps are warfare, as slaughter far from covers it :)

The vista on map10 is amazing, and I really like the texture theme of map08. And the catwalk gameplay of one the maps was interesting.

I hope you can add co-op support because this is the type of maps I would enjoy in co-op, as I don't really spend that much time in single-player anymore. I think the design is more suited for co-op, with the enormous chore each level seems to be.

I think you should be careful not to make fights tedious in slaughter maps. If you have a door and you release one million monsters, it makes the player go wow but after that he has to kill every one of them...

Considering the entirity of the WAD thus far I have to say this is undoubtedly my favourite WAD to date. Slaughter based gameplay is my favourite above any other category, the uniqueness comes from having to react instinctively, develop strategies immediately and forces the player to adapt to a more risky, aggressive style of play when faced with legions of hellspawn. It's outstanding to think these maps even exist after facing the very pinnacle of it's brutality upon completion. Not only does each map offer a different style of gameplay, whether it be the cramped, exposed tension of 'The Grinder' or the full scale warfare of 'Hollow Icon', but each offers a unique theme both in architecture and visuals I haven't come across before. Undoubtedly MAP08 is my favourite as while the legions are large, the player is never swarmed as you can easily back off when things become too hectic, although I loved the beginning frenzy in using the Cybers to infight with the ground forces. Secondly you had an interesting choice in texture usage, the white ominous sand texture fuses well with the soothing loneliness of 'Misrik Halek' creating a very surreal looking map whilst offering a carefully intricate detail of architecture, especially where the roofing was concerned.

It shall be both alarming and staggering to think a second episode could be on the horizon! Especially if the level of difficulty continues to escalate beyond MAP10 :D

Oh and concerning demo recording I was merely still in a state of shock and I may just try my hand at some 'UV Max' demos, merely out of pleasure ofcourse.

EDIT: Concerning skill support, I feel you should implement only 2 levels of difficulty, being HMP and UV. Offering anything lower would ruin the essence of Sunder's hardcore based gameplay, I believe this WAD should primarily be aimed at 'Doom God's only' considering the intimidating amount of hellspawn currently offered with a devious hand.

However I have two choices on how to differentiate between the difficulty level.

The former theory includes keeping precisely the same monster count but substituting certain monsters for easier alternatives, yet on the otherhand this could give birth to further playtesting to ensure an optimum challenge is reached.

The latter theory is to quite simply reduce the amount of hellspawn, I feel you should NOT include additional items on HMP as each map seems sufficiently balanced as it is where health is concerned.

Although concerning (Metal Descendant's) final arena I feel you should remove the Invulnerability as my tactic of simply allowing the swarm to be crushed whilst utilizing the very same crushers for cover resulted in very little risk to my chances of success. The only purpose for it's presense in my case was to dwindle one horde of Revenants to cut down on time, oh yes I've managed to record UV Max demos for 01, 03 and 04 despite the fact they represent a waste of time, as the WAD is still in 'Beta' stages.

Bloodite Krypto said:

...Oh yes I've managed to record UV Max demos for 01, 03 and 04 despite the fact they represent a waste of time, as the WAD is still in 'Beta' stages.

I feel maps 1/2/3 are finished, and unless I'm forgetting some tweaks I made, your demos should still be compatible with the new version. And hell, I'd love to see them.

I completely agree about the Invul on Map04 too. I'll get rid of him.

As for difficulty balance... I think I'll look at that later. MUCH later. As for now, I just wish to get some more mapping done.

Plus, it wouldn't be a bump without a new screenshot of Map11.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4572/sundermap111.jpg

May have found a potential bug on MAP08 (Pale Monument).

Playing the map for the first time, in the final room I adopted the incorrect tactic of painting the hordes with the BFG before they had a chance to swarm me, crucially every Arachnotron spawned in. However when conducting a practice session the other night using speedrun techniques which involved allowing the swarms infight with one another, the Arachnotrons had difficulty entering the arena after the Goats and Cacoes had been vanquished.

I repeated the battle several times and the Arachnotrons fail to spawn in every time, they seem to appear at random 5-10 minute intervals yet their is very little guarantee they will all spawn in. Could you take a second look at their teleporter lines? Tis the only obstacle preventing me from attempting a UV Max demo.

Sunder is meant to be run using -complevel 9 (Boom v2.02) right?

entryway said:

Start location of map10 on my work computer (E5200 @ 2.5GHz) at 640x480

prboom-plus 2.5.0.3 - 66 fps
glboom-plus 2.5.0.3 - 96 fps

How the heck is OpenGL more efficient than software? :S