Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

The Cyberdemon has a weakness!

As I was playing Alien Vandetta, I noticed something. The Cyberdemon has a huge weakness to the super shotgun. Using rockets is a waste of ammo, bfg is a waste of ammo, and the plasma rifle takes about 200-300 shots. The super shotgun, however, only takes 40-50 shells to kill the Cyberdemon, and everytime you hit him you stun him.

Rockets are usually better because they are way faster.

Something I notice when playing AV is that I run out of rockets all of the time. There should always be plenty of rockets.

I usually use the BFG, you can take it down in 2 or 3 shots. The first cyberdemon in AV I killed by telefragging though.

I wasn't that close when I shot the Cyberdemon with the Super Shotgun. I was just shooting at him (he was in a large room) and ducking out of the room, shooting, ducking, etc.

And unlike all of the other weapons, when you hit him with the Super Shotgun, you stun him, sort of. If he's about to fire a rocket, he'll go into his hurt pose, and stop firing rockets. He barely shot at me.

You have to be super close for the BFG to work without wasting a lot of ammo.

It takes WAY too many rockets to kill him, compared to the quick plasma rifle. The problem is, the plasma rifle or rockets don't stun him, so you're dodging rockets all the time.

same with the Archvile. One super shotgun blast will stun him, even if you're already burning.

And what's hard about dodging DOOM's rockets that move at 70mph (compared to the player's movement speed of 90mph)?

The cyberdemon's immune to rocket blasts, isn't it? I thought someone pointed that out in the whole "monster/weapon strength" thread.

The cyberdemon's immune to rocket blasts, isn't it? I thought someone pointed that out in the whole "monster/weapon strength" thread.

to his own, and other cyb's rockets: yes, but not to the players.

I think the Cyberdemon gets hurt by the projectile impact, but the blast damage triggered by the explosion doesn't affect him. I could be wrong.

to his own, and other cyb's rockets: yes, but not to the players.

I think he means to the rocket's splash damage: I don't think splash damage affects the cyberdemon, no matter what explosion it's coming from.

oh, I misread that.

lut: when I was playing supar1337.wad the cyberdemons in the back of the room were showering each other with rockets which create splash damage. Yet none of them died. Even if the rockets themselves didn't effect the cybs the splash damage from the rockets should kill some of the cybs sooner or later, yet it didn't happen like that. So I think the cyb is only effected by the players rockets and maybe the splash damage from the players rockets.

Fah, I knew this a long time ago, before I joined DW. Anyone ever played the WAD for Doom ][ called "Trails of Destruction"? If you haven't, I suggest you find it. The name of the file is tod.zip. I found out the SSG could be used on the Cyberdemon when I reached the third level (the guy who made the WAD even has a demo replacement where he kills EVERY enemy with the SSG).

As I was playing Alien Vandetta, I noticed something. The Cyberdemon has a huge weakness to the super shotgun. Using rockets is a waste of ammo, bfg is a waste of ammo, and the plasma rifle takes about 200-300 shots. The super shotgun, however, only takes 40-50 shells to kill the Cyberdemon, and everytime you hit him you stun him.

That doesn't sound like you have discovered anything at all......it doesn't sound like cyberdemon has a weakness at all

I wasn't that close when I shot the Cyberdemon with the Super Shotgun. I was just shooting at him (he was in a large room) and ducking out of the room, shooting, ducking, etc.

And unlike all of the other weapons, when you hit him with the Super Shotgun, you stun him, sort of. If he's about to fire a rocket, he'll go into his hurt pose, and stop firing rockets. He barely shot at me.

You have to be super close for the BFG to work without wasting a lot of ammo.

It takes WAY too many rockets to kill him, compared to the quick plasma rifle. The problem is, the plasma rifle or rockets don't stun him, so you're dodging rockets all the time.

well same thing for ssg, too. The further you shoot ssg from the object, less shells would be aimed on the target, less damage it will make.

I think the Cyberdemon gets hurt by the projectile impact, but the blast damage triggered by the explosion doesn't affect him. I could be wrong.

I still think BFG is the best way to kill a cyberdemon :)

I agree. It would take 200 plasma gun shot to kill a cyberdemon and 4 BFGs can kill it as well. 1 shot from the BFG is 40 cells, and that would take 160 cells to kill the cyberdemon. So the BFG is better at cyberdemon killing.

Most of the time I just use the Shotgun or Plasma Rifle to take ol' Cybie out. I like to prolong the battle. It's better that way, IMO.

The Cyberdemon has always had the same weakness, from DOOM 2 all the way to DOOM 64.