Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Patrick Versus Lightguns

Ok, so here's a thought, would it be possible to make a railshooter of sorts using a sourceport? Obvious a lightgun wouldn't be available, but mouse controlled? I'd imagine it could be done with something like eternity or Zdoom. Has anyone tried this? If not, is it feasible and how?

I got a feeling it'd be hackish. But people have made a lot of things in Doom ports so I wouldn't put it past their abilities.

I figured the best way to do it would be to make the player sprite be a targeter, give the player the ability to fly, disable autoaim and set a camera in the background .... possibly might work

Ok... and how do you plan on keeping the player fixed on the Z plane of the camera view? As well as steadily aiming forward relative to the camera.

Unless I've misunderstood your intentions I still see many issue with it. Like, projectiles won't come from the view.
I suggest you look into making it more from scratch, see how far you can get w/o resorting to hacks. What can you do with the hud and decorate/class system in Zdoom for instance?