Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

The Ultimate NMD - RELEASED

I wanted to release Needs More Detail 3, but I also wanted to release new versions of NMD 1 and 2, with updated levels and gameplay. So I decided on THE ULTIMATE NMD.

Episode I: Anomaly Zero
Episode II: Hell's Door
Episode III: Abandon Hope

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15645

Edit: I'm very glad I got this out before finals week, because it would never have been done then.

Awesome... looking forward to it! My favorite is the second as of yet, but the first is also good fun.

Butts said:

It's so... classic!

Is there going to be an E4?

I wouldn't do an e4 style pack. The next step would be a 32-level Doom 2 styled set. Not yet though, since I have another doom 2 megawad I'm working on that actually has detail.

NMD3 has been a long time coming because I've been distracted by three other projects (two of which may never see the light of day).

There's a great deal of work going into overhauling NMD1 to increase its difficulty, as that was probably the biggest complaint. First thing I did was remove 90% of the rocket pickups, which, if saved, made the final battle less interesting.

Sorry for double post, but just for fun, I have concocted NMDS:

...which made me realize how long its been since I've used DEUSF.

And, yes, I did it just to use the "NMD-S" pun.

Fiend said:

NMD3 has been a long time coming because I've been distracted by three other projects (two of which may never see the light of day).

I'm jealous of how fast you can put together maps as good as NMD, especially after reading this. I feel like NMD2 was only just released.

Fiend said:

I wouldn't do an e4 style pack.

So why are you only doing a 'registered NMD' but still call it 'Ultimate'? Ultimate means 4 episodes! :D

I just played through E3. Quite fun, and it was harder than the two other episodes, as you'd expect.

Also, sector 105 on E3M7 has a sky for ceiling, which you might want to change.

Da Spadger said:

Also, sector 105 on E3M7 has a sky for ceiling, which you might want to change.

D'oh!

These are the types of Doom addons I love. It was brilliant. Does it need more detail?... I don't think so!

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS!

Fiend said:

I wouldn't do an e4 style pack. The next step would be a 32-level Doom 2 styled set. Not yet though, since I have another doom 2 megawad I'm working on that actually has detail.

Me and another member have been working on our own megawad named Whispers of Satan which we started work on late in 2006. It will be hopefully released in August. Of course WOS has alot more detail. My advice is to stick to your more detailed megawad and concentrate on one project but its your decision if you want to make a Doom 2 NMD. We'd all love to play a Doom 2 version for sure.

pcorf said:

Me and another member have been working on our own megawad named Whispers of Satan which we started work on late in 2006. It will be hopefully released in August. Of course WOS has alot more detail. My advice is to stick to your more detailed megawad and concentrate on one project but its your decision if you want to make a Doom 2 NMD. We'd all love to play a Doom 2 version for sure.

I could do one before the other. I've been working on the megawad on and off for over a year and 15 of the 20 levels I plan to do for it are done.

Da Spadger said:
I just played through E3. Quite fun, and it was harder than the two other episodes, as you'd expect.

Yeah, but some might have too much of a scarcity in respect to ammo and health... maybe the recession finally hit DOOM maps :p

Still, I need to play it more to make more specific judgments, but at least E3M4 and E3M6 seem to demand a lot of infighting, unless I missed something. I haven't checked damage to hit point ratios, or such.

I moved some demo recordings posted here to a thread in the Doom Speed Demos forum, so that people may attach additional recordings.

These levels were wonderful. I did something I haven't done in years on these levels. Wall humping.

*sniff*

These levels have made wall humping cool again. Thanks Fiend. I've had a blast playing through them.

If you feel like it, I would like to see a 5 episode NMD for Heretic. :P