Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Reality Bites

I wanted to be a Games Designer, and am on my way to becoming one. I'm doing a course at college on it right now, and am hopefully heading of to university next year to do a degree on it.

Collarly to this, now I'm all grown up and work full time and pay bills, my ideal job is to sleep in and go to the gym and play games all day.

People say they get bored if they take holidays for too long. I honestly cannot imagine how.

Super Jamie said:

Collarly to this, now I'm all grown up and work full time and pay bills, my ideal job is to sleep in and go to the gym and play games all day.

I was considering being a librarian for this reason. Then I looked up the specifications and you need a master's degree. no thanks.

Aged about 8 I wanted to be a deepsea diver.
Aged 12 I wanted to design video games.
Aged 16 and faced with the prospect of finding actual work I decided I wanted an office job.
Aged 16 - 27 I have an office job. And I want to be a writer.

EarthQuake said:

I wanted to be an architect.

Now I'm a pizza delivery guy that builds Doom wads!

YOU'RE HALFWAY THERE!!! :D

Age 3: Wanted to be a Dinosaur Rock god with Nuclear missiles for legs
Age 5: wanted to be an astronaut
Age 9: wanted to make computer simulations
Age 13: wanted to smoke ganj all day and not give a shit
Age 17: wanted to make video games

Age 19 - Now: Want to be a commercial artist. Currently a broke/low-income student.

Before I was 10, I wanted to be a scientist of some sort, leaning towards the astro-physicist and theoretical physics spectrum. I took a huge interest in the universe and quantum mechanics and other topics that nobody my age knew or cared about. Hell, most adults had no fucking clue what I was talking about. When I first picked up a guitar at age 13, I wanted to be a musician, and I still do. When I was 15-16 and a stoner/psychonaut, I wanted to just chill in the mountains and be a survivalist. Right now, I want to be either a philosopher or a chiropractor. I am about to start a job lifeguarding for a local pool though. I have also always wanted to be a teacher, even though I hate school.

Never really had ambitions for career. Other than avoiding ending up in an office.

I produce music now though, and am well into recording an album and have the opportunity for some TV work too.

I wanted to be a computer technician. I am one. I'm bored.

Actually, for a year or two when I was a kid I wanted to be a carpenter.

I never had aspirations until I decided I wanted to design video games around the start of my teen years. Now, I'm deciding that I'll make that a hobby. I'm currently thinking of either becoming a writer, or getting enrolled into the JET program for some much wanted abroad teaching. That is, if I ever get off my fat lazy bum and stop slacking on my studies.

Right now, however, I'm usually helping my father, who is an air conditioning contractor, for some spare scratch.

I wanted to be an engineer.

After almost dropping out of high school, dropping out of community college several times, and working full-time in retail for over 4 years, I'm at a university studying electrical engineering.