Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flower pig

Doom Builder hates new textures

I'm working with two PWADs, one which contains my map and another which contains my new textures (built with XWE). The problem is that whenever I try to place a newly-built texture into the PWAD, Doom Builder can't find any of the wall textures. It is able to find the new flats, however, and everything still plays fine in ZDoom. But this means I'm stuck with the textures in the already-built PWAD despite needing to add many more. Even building a brand-new PWAD with all the original textures plus the new one produces the same result. I've also tried merging the map and textures PWADs (working with backups), to the same result. If I change just the sky texture, Doom Builder will always complain, but it usually doesn't affect anything.

There must be something I'm doing wrong, but I'm at the end of my rope. I can't figure it out.

Yeah, that's exactly the procedure I follow.

It seems that I've partially fixed the problem by changing the image format; however, the new texture does not appear available in Doom Builder. One possible issue is that even though I instruct XWE to convert it to the Doom palette, it never sticks. Every time I open the PWAD again, it's set back to "Auto".

Well now I really don't understand. I created a new PWAD with only the single texture I'm trying to add to the original... and it works with DB. I don't understand why I can't get it to work in the original.

I don't think that can be the problem because the maps and textures are in separate WADs. Anyway it seems to be maybe worked out. Thanks.