Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Making "Emoticons"

Yeah, we all use them in MSN and Skype, so I gave in and made one for my MSN Messenger, which is an X D face. It was actually really fun to make (made with Photoshop BTW).

Tell me if its any good please, I want to make more and eventually post them on DeviantART or something :P this is my first one so please dont be so harsh.

Its 40 X 40 pixels btw, normal size for smilies.

That X-D emoticon looks beaten. Also, Doomworld has disabled emoticons, presumably to save space. Only post-hell still shows them, perhaps in response of some admins' dislike for them.

Not bad. The only suggestion I would make is that the world already has a ton of generic yellow happy-face-type emoticons, and maybe it would be cool to make some more esoteric or themed ones. (The Public Commander Keen Forum has an interesting set of Keen-themed emoticons, for instance.)

Oh well, there's always Smiley Central...

There certainly aren't enough of these on the web, better make 9000 of 'em.

StupidBunny said:

The only suggestion I would make is that the world already has a ton of generic yellow happy-face-type emoticons, and maybe it would be cool to make some more esoteric or themed ones.

zombie smilies?

esselfortium said:

I don't think I've ever heard of emoticons as huge as that one being "normal size". Something like half that, maybe.

From tutorial and info I read, most smileys are made at 40 x 40 to be compatible with all messengers, MSN scales them down to the size you are used to from 40 x 40 smilies. They are made bigger for things like Skype (which has larger smilies) and most apps scale them.

StupidBunny said:

maybe it would be cool to make some more esoteric or themed ones.

Doomguy's face, FTW :-p

Maes said:

Doomguy's face, FTW :-p

I was about to say something about Doomguy emoticons!

Ouchface for the :O emoticon
Grinface for the :D

I could turn that cacodemon into a : D smiley. I would need to rip some new doomguy faces those ones are way too tiny. Ill finish them and post them when they are complete.

esselfortium said:

ah I wanted to post that. Too slow :(

Too bad Doomworld doesn't even implement those as "smileys" (I hate any word containing 'emotion', from now on).

I made doom related emoticons some time ago. Some of them are now used on Newdoom.

I also made this set of emoticons:

If anyone wants to steal these, they're more than welcome. Gave up on my forum a while ago:

t.v. said:

I made doom related emoticons some time ago. Some of them are now used on Newdoom.

Oh man, I want to use those. Is there some way I can download them or something?

Danarchy said:

Oh man, I want to use those. Is there some way I can download them or something?

Right-Click > Save Picture As...

:P

Danarchy said:

Use the download links on this page.

Kirby said:

Right-Click > Save Picture As...

:P

He posted it as one picture, shmott guy.

GreyGhost said:

Use the download links on this page.

Thanks!