• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Final Heretic Chapter One: The Docks

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "MAPINFO" line 2:
Bad syntax.

EDIT: I deleted the MAPINFO lump and it worked fine without it. Great map! It was probably very hard to do all the new enemies... I liked it very much!

Not bad. But the non original Heretic bad guys* seem to have way too much health. I would reduce by half at least.

Also, I couldn't get the new weapon to "charge up" with the gem's. Perhaps it had something to do with me finding two of them before I reached the weapon.

*I say it like that because they aren't "new" bad guys these days.

Not a bad wad at all, those archers did have a bit too much health though, I ended up relying on the undead knights to take care of him. IMO I felt it was just a tad too short. The death knight was a pretty decent boss, although frustrating at times with his homing, one-hit kill moves. Also I am curious about that one picture in the bedroom with that seriously evil looking demon with an arm turning into snakes, who is he or where'd it come from?

Vermil: To get that multi-wand to work, just use alt-fire to change the gems it uses, but for some reason the blue gem wouldn't work, and I was sure I had gotten it, its not that powerful though.

Thank you guys for your reply.

@ Fenriswolf: which source port did you use? With Zdoom it was always ok for me.

@ Vermil: as specified in the txt, you can load the gems using the alt-fire command. The archers are from Hexen2, sure they're not "original" but i've never seen them in a heretic level, and they fit so well the setting!

@ Aldaira: it's strange the blu gem didn't work... again: which source port did you use?
The demon in the painting is... well, just a demon. It is an hint for a secret.

Lorenzo said:
@ Fenriswolf: which source port did you use? With Zdoom it was always ok for me.

I was playing with Skulltag and I think It works the same way as ZDoom...

Fenriswolf said:

Skulltag is based off ZDoom, however sometimes minor incompatibilities can stop one from playing a wad designed for the other.

Fenriswolf said:

Skulltag lags a bit behind ZDoom. There have been recent changes in the way MAPINFO is handled (a new syntax which allows more flexibility has been added), and ST 97d3 doesn't have them, you'll have to wait for 97e (or use one of the alpha versions).

Well, the wad was intented to played with the last zdoom version(s).
Although tested with gzdoom, i still suggest to play it with zdoom.
And i've never tested it with any other source port.

Lorenzo

There are too many peasants all over the place! They're almost as bad as the bobs from Marathon. And I'd rather fight a heresiarch or a thousand cyberdemons than that death knight X_X

Other than that, good wad.

I used ZDoom to play this wad, I was pretty sure I grabbed the blue gem on the boat, or wherever I remember it was. And about that picture, I did discover it was a secret, but what game did that picture come from or who drew it? I just find it capturing the essence of evil quite accurately, maybe it was the snakes from his arm? I remember just staring at it for a few minutes when I first played the level. :P

@ Aldaira: I googled it. It's sad to say, but i simply searched "medieval" on google and a lot of material came out. That evil picture was the best, i personally prefer hte giger picture in the temple. I think it should be a strange effect to find a giger picture in a medieval setting.

@ Paganraven: yes! lot of villagers and beggards... you can use them to cover from enemies projectiles. At least they don't try to kill you!
and next chapter you'll have the heresiarch!

Overall i feel this wad did get enough attention!

Bye