Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

back to basics

well i see most people here have forgoten, or dont even know, what a batch( *.bat) file is. i have batch files for all my old school and new dooming alike.
i have a good one for slige that makes a level how i say and loads it into zdoom/original doom. if u dont know what one is try and learn about them. my DOS computer has doom as a screensaver, i just make doom load as the last thing in my autoexec.bat file.

anyway happy new !DOOM! year, and go kick demon ass

I've known what .bat files are for quite a while, but I only recently learned how to use them to their full potential. The best part is that you use the QBasic screen to edit them. Muahaha!

i have known of .bat files for a really long time but i dont know what they really are. whever i used em it was to run a game in place of the .exe file.

bat files are unfortunatelly really pathetic compared to bash scripts.

You can get bash for windows by the way, you don't need linux or anything.

perl/shell scripts > bat files. Bat files really are hideously underpowered in what you can actually do with them.

i have not even begun to get into bash files with linux, i know they are more powerful. batch files are powerful too if used right

I ordinarly dont use a bat file for anything, unless the wad came with one then i have a reson to be lazy and use it, i just use the windows run for launching all my doom stuff

Heh, I use Batch files for running my wads through BSP. That's about it tho... I learnt about them years ago.

I still have all my games and programs set up to run through batch files :P

I used to have my whole computer set up with batch files when I ran Dos6.22/Win3.11.