Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Negatronica

Playtesting request

I've been working on a zdoom mod on and off (mostly off) for a while now and think it's about ready for release. It's a sequel to a circus-themed level I made years ago. I've tested it many times but due to its size I may have missed things so I'm requesting that a few people playtest before I release the mod. I have to warn that it's very large and non-linear, it may also run slow on older computers.

Put hint towards beginning.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0WRPQJN

I couldn't get it to download. I tried a few times, and each time, it made me wait for 90 seconds, and then still only left me able to choose the premium option, which involves signing up and paying for an account.

Will happily try it if I could get to it.

I played up to the house with the SSG in it. I really liked the first 15 minutes, though when the monsters started coming into it I got really put off. The fact they have noclip is rather frustrating. But the atmosphere was quite good.

btw, don't play this if you can get seizures from games. Lots of flashing lights here.

Really, really loving this so far.
I got up to Fluffy. I gotta say, he's a brilliant concept.
However, after I killed him, he, uh, got back up again. And then I couldn't seem to touch him with any of my weapons.
Is there something I'm supposed to do to kill him, or is this a bug?

Playing with the latest Z-Doom.

Insane_Gazebo said:

Really, really loving this so far.
I got up to Fluffy. I gotta say, he's a brilliant concept.
However, after I killed him, he, uh, got back up again. And then I couldn't seem to touch him with any of my weapons.
Is there something I'm supposed to do to kill him, or is this a bug?

Playing with the latest Z-Doom.

Yes, got this too.

No, it's not a bug. Your supposed to take the little guy to the clown portal and get him to hop into it and the little guy won't bother you anymore. There is a hint in one of the west buildings that says what to do but I guess I placed it too out of the way. I will probably move the hint, a chalk board-ish texture with writing and a map, to one of the earlier buildings that you have to go into to progress.

I played briefly w/ zdoom 2.2.0. Nice looking detailed environment, but I walked around and didn't find an intuitive path to progress to in a reasonable time, maybe because I'm blind or its not obvious enough, so I just idclipped around.

Shtbag667 said:

No, it's not a bug. Your supposed to take the little guy to the clown portal and get him to hop into it and the little guy won't bother you anymore. There is a hint in one of the west buildings that says what to do but I guess I placed it too out of the way. I will probably move the hint, a chalk board-ish texture with writing and a map, to one of the earlier buildings that you have to go into to progress.

Hah, knew I'd forgotten something.

So, I killed Fluffy, moved on.

Yeah, wow. That was really, really different. I've certainly played some fairly atmospheric wads before, but this is the best I can recall playing.

I loved your enemy designs, the sound work, and most of the new weapons were fun to use, bar the fire cracker, which I couldn't figure out what it was bound to after I stopped playing with it.
The popcorn gun was a lot of fun to use, especially after blowing myself up with the rocket launcher numerous times. (As well as killing myself with gore balloons.)

Seemed to be enough health/ammo around, and I only found 5 of the 9 secrets, so I'm sure there was more, and even then I wasn't really struggling. (Well, I lie. I was on very low health quite a great deal, but that was mostly due to me blundering into traps, and then saving my game with only 5 health left.)

I only ever got stuck trying to figure out where to go briefly, though I can imagine a lot of people would go nuts trying to navigate such a huge map. (But I think that adds to the dark charm of the map.)

The only thing that bothered me at all, were some of the low-grab jump sections. It was really, really easy to fall to your death, due to a lack of control. Can the gravity be tweaked at all, to give the player a touch more control once they're in the air perhaps?

There was also the room with the three bouncy ball sphere things (I forget what you called them ><), and how you need to run through the trench, and try and get around to the switch. Was it mostly luck, than one has to rely on to get to said switch, or was there some sort of timing you could use to make it? (Before thos Bulb guys corner you, that is.)

I also died many, many times after killing 'IT', having skipped most of the balloons on the other side of his giant room. Should they die, like the Ghosts (and the Giant balloons)do when you kill him, perhaps?

I also just realised there was a 'secret' level after you finish it. Gonna go check that out :)

Still, I gotta say, what you consider scary, gave me the willies in some parts. I consider this a pretty major achievement, so keep it up :)

Did you really have to bring the jumping skulls back. They're the most annoying enemy in the game. This is great but so far I like the first one better.

I'm glad I tried it again, this is really excellent (and I was just lazy/low attention span, its not as hard to figure out as my previous brief attempt led me to believe). I iddqd'd at fluffy too (that's as far as I got so far)- if you're supposed to take fluffy somewhere I'm not sure how that'd be intuitive. I never found the hint but the whole level is somewhat mazelike (well more like huge and complex with lots of nooks and crannies) so not even sure if a hint would help. Seems challenging and fun on uv and the atmosphere is indeed great.. that house being placed deep in the woods created a spooky effect, and the powerlines and color changing rooms were great. I like the enemies and guns.