Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord_Dweedle

we need to get people back into multiplayer

im sick of not being able to find a decent co-op server on skulltag. whenever i go on they are empty and im lucky to find someone who dosn't swear or telefrag people.

While I haven't been much on Skulltag (I've used ZDaemon, generally), from experience, people are usually pretty decent in coop servers. If you want more intense cooperative play, get in touch with a nearby player and make a private server or connect directly with your engine of choice.

myk said:

While I haven't been much on Skulltag (I've used ZDaemon, generally), from experience, people are usually pretty decent in coop servers. If you want more intense cooperative play, get in touch with a nearby player and make a private server or connect directly with your engine of choice.

I'll have to try ZDaemon. Im probly just unlucky but in my short experiance ive only met 2 decent people and the rest are all asshats.

For the most part, skulltag has some good co-op maps and original co-op players. You're just playing at a time where GvH has taken over... :(

Im thinking we should have a Doomworld sort of get together in Skulltag or ZDaemon, Lock up the game and give the password on a thread in these forums. I never seen any of you play.

avery1555 said:

Im thinking we should have a Doomworld sort of get together in Skulltag and Zdaemon, Lock up the game and give the password on a thread in these forums. I never seen any of you play.

A+ idea lol

I don't really have any issues finding active co-op servers, even at like 4:00AM (EST). An exclusive Doomworld server would be cool, though. Perhaps one where we vote on what .wads or .pk3 files to use.

Coopersville said:

I don't really have any issues finding active co-op servers, even at like 4:00AM (EST). An exclusive Doomworld server would be cool, though. Perhaps one where we vote on what .wads or .pk3 files to use.

Agreed. I have Ultimate Doom and Doom II iWADs. Execution Doom PWAD is a must.

I actually wouldn't mind deathmatching every so often, but as stated the servers are largely empty.

I actually haven't been playing online lately, and I'd love to get back into it/ am totally down for doomworld server

Am I the only one who feels that dooms old style of multiplayer (doom.exe, zdoom, etc) is better for get-togethers? Then again, the total number of players you can have tends to get limited (8 players? no).

How about odamex instead? Its supports 255 players.

Edward850 said:

Am I the only one who feels that dooms old style of multiplayer (doom.exe, zdoom, etc) is better for get-togethers?

Each has it's advantages, I guess. Personally, I'd rather have a Skulltag/ZDaemon server instead of everyone having to leave when the host wants to quit. Either way is fine with me, though.

Edward850 said:

Anything more than 16 usually gets spamtastic in a shooter game.

Edward850 said:

Am I the only one who feels that dooms old style of multiplayer (doom.exe, zdoom, etc) is better for get-togethers? Then again, the total number of players you can have tends to get limited (8 players? no).

Hmm... Odamex is still pretty flawed though and not many people have it... plus SkullTag has great multiplayer modes like CTF and old time Deathmatch. I also love ZDaemon.

So is it okay If I set up a Doomworld server on skulltag (dedicated)?

avery1555 said:

So is it okay If I set up a Doomworld server on skulltag (dedicated)?

I don't think you require admin approval to launch a server in Doomworld's name.

Coopersville said:

I don't think you require admin approval to launch a server in Doomworld's name.

Just making sure... Ill put the password in a thread as soon as its up which will be soon.

Edward850 said:

What do you mean 'flawed'? Is seems to run fine actually.

Just installed Odamex 'cause I wanted to give it a try. There is not a single player on some server listed by default...

Did connect to some exciting MAP01 dm against myself. Seemed to work so far.

Doc Faust

Lord_Dweedle said:

im sick of not being able to find a decent co-op server on skulltag. whenever i go on they are empty and im lucky to find someone who dosn't swear or telefrag people.

I have no trouble finding a coop server on Skulltag. Particularly survival coop. It often helps to join one and play by yourself, in less than 10 minutes someone will be there. Once theres 2 people, a third will show up in less than 5, then it's a party after that.

Lord_Dweedle said...
im lucky to find someone who dosn't swear or telefrag people.

This is pretty much the reason why I don't play online very often. Those people do not make it an enjoyable experience for me.

Couldn't make it last night, Internet decided to die around 6pm. There are third-world countries will cheaper and better Internet than North America.

Any I saw Lord_Dweedle in a survival coop server much later, and nobody swore or telefragged us. Maybe his luck has changed?