Find results in...
LexiMax

Click me if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch

Do you...

1) Have an iPhone/iPod touch?
2) Like Doom?

Please reply to this thread. ;)

Graf Zahl said:

I hate Apple and boycott their products.

They're ok, i just don't like that it's become the *in* thing for the trendy crowd. These guys just love their computers too much.

Csonicgo said:

They're ok.

I don't think that it's ok that Apple devices only work well with other Apple devices. Example: To develop iPhone software you need a Mac.

Not even Microsoft is that restrictive.

Graf Zahl said:

I hate Apple and boycott their products.

Ditto. Apple surely is the 2.0 version of Microsoft from the late nineties/early noughties. I find Apple's attitude to Open Source abhorrent.

The whole iPhone/App Store bs is a joke... I'm not allowed to listen Downward Spiral because Apple said so? Given that they court the "computers are too complicated for me" crowd and how fickle that user base is; decreeing (from their ivory shell-white/paper thin alloy tower) what their users can and cannot do with their Apple products is the dumbest move they could possibly make, as said users will very quickly turn elsewhere.

I still amazes me that people will willingly hand over up to three times the market value for a product from Apple (the same technology from practically any other company often works just as well or is more "liberal" by design).

The iPhone rocks, its just such a shame that its made by Apple.

Graf Zahl said:

I don't think that it's ok that Apple devices only work well with other Apple devices. Example: To develop iPhone software you need a Mac.

Not even Microsoft is that restrictive.

Yeah, because you totally don't need Windows to develop for the Windows Mobile platform. Also Zunes work great under Linux and I have a ten foot dick.

Why is it that someone can't mention an the iPhone on the internet without starting an Apple-hate circlejerk? Keep it in your pants for once you fucking mongs.

AlexMax said:

Do you...

1) Have an iPhone/iPod touch?
2) Like Doom?

Please reply to this thread. ;)

Does this thread have an argumentative conclusion? It appears out of nothing, linking Doom with iPhone or iPod touch. A Doom port, maybe, and how likely is it to obtain one (the IWADs being still commercial, of course)?

Some kid was gonna sell me his 8gb iPod touch for $80. I told him I was interested and he said he'd hold onto it for me. two days later when I tried to meet up with him he told me he his mom wanted it so he gave it to her.

:(

destx said:

Yeah, because you totally don't need Windows to develop for the Windows Mobile platform. Also Zunes work great under Linux and I have a ten foot dick.

The difference being that

1) I don't need completely new (and totally overpriced) hardware to run Windows.
2) most people already using Windows so they don't have to pay extra.
3) If none of the above applies, there's still Wine.

Why is it that someone can't mention an the iPhone on the internet without starting an Apple-hate circlejerk? Keep it in your pants for once you fucking mongs.

How about :

- Apple hardware is way overpriced.
- Apple hardware only interacts properly with other Apple hardware
- For some hardware, Apple even controls the software you can run on it (cough - AppStore - cough.)

So, yes, the iPhone hardware is quite good but there's too much I have to swallow to be able to use it - and make Apple richer. No, thank you!

And I won't even go into the nonsense that plagues both iTunes and iPods - but it's the same control shit over again.

Wasn't Doom 2 already ported to an Ipod through a framewire hack?

Furthermore, playing Doom and having fun rather than wanting to kill small kittens out of frustration is something that a clunky control system (IE: Ipod/Iphones capabilities) will decide.