Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DuckReconMajor

snap to grid when pasting things

When you paste, your cursor will turn into a hand that allows you to drag your sector around. When you have it placed where you want it, click out in the void somewhere and your done.

I think he means to align the pasted geometry to the grid, not exit from the Edit Selection mode.

When moving your mouse over your pasted geometry (while it is still selected), you will notice that the closest nearby vertex will light up. When you drag the selection, this is the vertex you will be using to align to the grid and other geometry. Also, you can press F1 for help. If you do that in the Edit Selection mode, it will explain the functions of that mode to you.

Actually I meant "things" literally, such as sets of monsters, items, and decorations. If I take a set of four monsters, select them, then Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, I get a selection that moves independently of the grid. I can't seem to find a way to make it snap to the grid like it did in DB1.

Oh, you're right, it doesn't do that. I should add that for the next version. In which case it will highlight the nearest thing with which it will snap to the grid.

An while at i, in DB1 there was a Mouse Cursor that you can drag around the map, moving around pretty much, the arrow keys bug me alittle.