Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper978

Did anyone else notice how awesome Mutiny is?

I just tried Mutiny. It's been awhile since I've felt literally excited to get back to playing a game, and this has done it. I don't know how to describe how awesome it is.

It has tricky opponents that dodge, randomized enemies if you wish, great weapon redesigns, frag grenades, gas grenades, Quake 2-esque robots, portable items, portable medikits, ejected shell casings, great sound-effects, enemy chatter, enemies that throw grenades (!!!), enemies with more than one attack type, fantastic weapon balance, railguns, autoshotguns, grenade-launchers, flamethrowers, two useful pistols, combat knife worth using, Blood-style gore, etc. It doesn't have reloading or weapon recoil, though these two features would be interesting variations on the gameplay. It has minor sound-stumbling-over-itself issues, most noticeable with the weapon changing sound, but it's not that big of a deal. No alternate fire, but each ammo class has two weapons.

I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was cool, or if it's just me. Kudos to the author Woolie Wool, brilliant work.

Yeah I liked it, though honestly I only messed around with it a little. I generally forget about weapons mods (though I realize it does much more than just weapons) because they generally don't have any new levels for me to play. I'll have to check it out more, since what I played was really cool.