Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

More mapping crap from Chris (2 maps inside)

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15669 - MAP07 clone
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15662 - Not So Simple

These are two maps I built on spare time this week just for the hell of it. They are replacements for the infamous "Dead Simple" map in Doom 2.

The first map is structurally similar to id's own, so I decided to try make my own without using exact dimensions. It's pretty small but holds up to the same gameplay as the original MAP07.

The second map is a much larger and more challenging arena map, which is radically different in size for obvious reasons.

Criticism and critique are always welcome.

Well. Both gameplay and visuals were rather simple, ammo and health balance were rather off. Average sort of stuff, but I had fun. And I actually found the second one much more easier, there was enough rockets and cells that I didn't even need to use the ssg or chaingun, and the extra space made dodging more comfortable.

EDIT: Still keep forgetting the spambot protection on the comments at /idgames, so now you get 3 stars. :P

I figured the balance was a bit off but that ammo at start was for those warping to the level from a pistol start.

Do check out Stoned if you can. :P

It's interesting that Khorus has given both maps 3/5 star's; they each have 1 vote and 3 star's. Yet he gives them both 2/5 in the written reviews, which he has marked with his name :p

Vermil said:

It's interesting that Khorus has given both maps 3/5 star's; they each have 1 vote and 3 star's. Yet he gives them both 2/5 in the written reviews, which he has marked with his name :p

Khorus said:

EDIT: Still keep forgetting the spambot protection on the comments at /idgames, so now you get 3 stars. :P

It resets the stars if you forget the spam protection. :(

Hi,
I’ve never really liked map07. So, the only thing I can tell is that the second wad is better than the “map07 clone“... try to create a level without a template and spend more time on a level and it will be more interesting to play, good luck :-P !

Deeforce said:

Hi,
I’ve never really liked map07. So, the only thing I can tell is that the second wad is better than the “map07 clone“... try to create a level without a template and spend more time on a level and it will be more interesting to play, good luck :-P !

Check my other thread in this forum for that.