Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Disappearing key problem

For some reason a key that I make disappears when it is still on the platform I've placed it on but when it is lowered to the floor it reappears. In the editor it looks fine and in-game I noticed that the key is in the platform (second screenshot). The key is also visible while the platform is lowering.

Any explanation is appreciated -

Use3D said:

Maybe an unclosed sector? My first thought.

Turns out I had some unclosed sectors in a different area of the map but after fixing them the problem wasn't fixed. Good call though.

Can you post the map somewhere? Nothing helps more in a situation like this than having others have a look.

Don't place things directly on lines or vertices. The Doom engine is a bit strange when dealing with such things and may not always do what you expect. Just move the key one map unit upward so that its center is inside your pillar sector and all should be fine.

Graf Zahl said:

Don't place things directly on lines or vertices. The Doom engine is a bit strange when dealing with such things and may not always do what you expect. Just move the key one map unit upward so that its center is inside your pillar sector and all should be fine.

Alrighty thanks, the reason why I had it moved downward a bit in the first place was because I didn't want it to be grabbed before the platform was lowered. (Other than by the window)