• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Misc Driving Question

Should you stop for the school bus?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should you stop for the school bus?

• Yes, you must stop.
    • Nope, you should drive on by.

Question #35
When driving on a highway that is divided by a median and you are approaching a school bus in the opposite direction, which has its stop lights on and the stop arm extended, you should stop.
A. True
B. False

destx said:

Are you fiffy in disguise or something?

I'm Fortey in disguise. Yep, I'm a published Geologist in a top Science Journal and an expert on the Cambrian Explosion!

I should proclaim "Nope! Run those motherfuckers down!!!!", alas I am forced to respond "Stop for the schoold bus, there are small children whom love you dearly on there".

And then take your rage out on the next ten-year-old you see :P

Hellbent said:

I'm Fortey in disguise. Yep, I'm a published Geologist in a top Science Journal and an expert on the Cambrian Explosion!

WHY IS THE EARTH SO ROUUUUNNNNDDD??!!!!

Hellbent said:

"I'm Fortey in disguise. Yep, I'm a published Geologist in a top Science Journal and an expert on the Cambrian Explosion!"

To which Kirby said:

WHY IS THE EARTH SO ROUUUUNNNNDDD??!!!!

I think Modest Mouse put it best when they titled one of their better songs "Gravity Rides Everything"

Yes you have to stop. and by stop i mean stop posting so many driving questions in so many different threads. Why dont you just jam em all into one?

JohnnyRancid said:

Yes you have to stop. and by stop i mean stop posting so many driving questions in so many different threads. Why dont you just jam em all into one?

Where did my LOST thread go??? Grrr...

It was last seen falling from the sky towards an idyllic tropical island.

The school buses down here are transitory 40kph zones for traffic in both directions.

The median clause is the one exception to the rule of stopping for school buses. Man, I hate being behind school buses.

Translating it local conventions, my response would be "Why the everloving fuck is a school bus stopping on a Goddamn motorway"

No, since it's divided by a median you don't have to stop. If it wasn't then yes you do have to stop.

In Massachusetts, if the bus is on the other side of a divided road, the other side can keep going, but with caution, in case kids are dumb enough to cross such a highway.

Danarchy said:

The median clause is the one exception to the rule of stopping for school buses. Man, I hate being behind school buses.

Tell me about it. I get behind ones that make multiple stops within a measilly 300 FEET apart (that under 100 meters for you metric buffs). In that case, there's three stops in that space. Fat, lazy parents.