Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

LOST Season Finale (spoilers)

So all you LOST fans out there, what did you think of the season finale? Is Locke dead? I like Lost but I get tired of the conflict always stemming from characters being really really convicted about what they're doing about things they really should be being more cooperative about (Like Jack so convicted to blow up the island--how is he any better than Kazinsky at this point?). Can't the writers find different ways for making conflict and drama once in awhile? "I disagree with you - POW! POW! POW!" "Hey.. I'm not getting what i want, I think I'll shoot you since you're not listening, or tie you up, or beat you up or torture you like I did last episode, and the episode before that....

Other than that, I love Lost.

I keep watching it, despite it never giving any answers, just more questions. Locke is dead. Fake Locke is just that - fake.

Edit: Actually, I just watch it for Evangeline Lilly.

Lost is an excellent show, though I liked the first couple seasons the best. I also agree with Planky; too many questions. :(

The finale was quite good. I will be happy when Stuart Radzinsky finally bites the dust. :P Also, do you think the bomb exploded?

I think Jacob planned everything from the very beginning and expected to be killed by Ben (that's why he did not sway Ben from killing him). If Jacob's plan works, he could be alive again and will have foiled "Anti-Jacob's" plan to kill him.

Lord_Z said:

I think Jacob planned everything from the very beginning and expected to be killed by Ben (that's why he did not sway Ben from killing him). If Jacob's plan works, he could be alive again and will have foiled "Anti-Jacob's" plan to kill him.

I think this is a good hypothesis. I also think the reason Jacob doesn't resist is kind of a Christ-ian acceptance of fate or something like that. I think Locke is not dead (at least not permanently. His corpse looked pretty healthy for being, what, 3 months old??)

I watched the first 4 seasons all at once. The first two seasons I was riveted, Could not stop watching. Would watch like 5+ episodes a day. I think somewhere during the 3nd season I was still very interested and invested, but not as addicted as the first two seasons. By Season 4 I was starting to tire of the rising suspense noise at the end of every other scene and was beginning to feel like answers being kept from me was because the creators want to drag this thing out as long as possible, not because anymore substantial mystery was being built or because there was anymore significant mystery or plot that needed to be setup. By Season 5 I would usually watch the episode the day after on my computer rather the Wednesday night it came out. Still interested in the show, but not hooked the way I was in the beginning. I'm not convinced the payoff at the end of the series will be satisfying, but after season 5's finale I am curious to see how Season 6 develops.

I'll be disappointed if Locke is really dead (in that he does not get resurrected) and if he doesn't have an important part/destiny in the whole series, as or near as important as Jack.

Lord_Z said:

If Jacob's plan works, he could be alive again and will have foiled "Anti-Jacob's" plan to kill him.

What plan is that?

Danarchy said:

I just got the season 4 DVD, so I'm a little behind.

Oh, well you shouldn't be reading this thread!! Get ye gone! And happy viewing.

Hellbent said:

Oh, well you shouldn't be reading this thread!! Get ye gone! And happy viewing.

He's going to love the bit where the aliens come and start abducting people. Oh, and that part with the teleporting dinosaur was classic!

DooMAD said:

He's going to love the bit where the aliens come and start abducting people. Oh, and that part with the teleporting dinosaur was classic!

Last night I think aliens were trying to abduct me. I felt this strange, scary feeling of sucking and pulling on my torso and could see a light above me. Eventually it passed and the light diminished. This happens to me every once in awhile. I have these strange bodily and auritory sensations when I'm sleeping (like the sound that builds right before something horrific happens in a suspense/horror is simultaneously heard in my head and felt in my body) it usually feels like I'm having my soul sucked out of me by a poltergeist; last night was a little different in that I thought I was being abducted.

Planky said...

What plan is that?

I just meant that if I am right about Jacob controlling the series of events right from the start and if the bomb sets everything back to normal, he will have outsmarted "Anti-Jacob" since "Anti-Jacob" is using the same group of people to kill him. Even though Jacob is dead at the moment, the bomb could set things the way they were before and he would be alive again thus outsmarting "Anti-Jacob". If that makes any sense.

I only saw one chapter and I fell asleep (literally) in less than 5 minutes.

I think the guy who wants to kill Jacob is the smoke monster because it takes the form of dead people (Ben's dead daughter) and Locke was still in his coffin, while someone who appeared to be him wanted to kill Jacob.

So if the monster = dead people

And Locke = dead in his coffin

And Locke = two places at once and wants to kill him

Then smoke monster = the person who wants to kill him

Seems reasonable to me.

What the fanboy I am.

decent theory. But didn't we see Ben release the smoke monster? I think of the smoke monster as just some kind of defense system for the island and not a metaphysical being.

zap610 said:

I think the guy who wants to kill Jacob is the smoke monster because it takes the form of dead people (Ben's dead daughter) and Locke was still in his coffin, while someone who appeared to be him wanted to kill Jacob.

So if the monster = dead people

And Locke = dead in his coffin

And Locke = two places at once and wants to kill him

Then smoke monster = the person who wants to kill him

Seems reasonable to me.

What the fanboy I am.

Nice dude.

Any good theories on season six so far?

I stopped watching after season 3 because it got stupid. I may start watching again just because I have too much free time now.

Hellbent said:

Any good theories on season six so far?

They need to make sure that what happens in recaps actually happens in the show.

zap610 said:

They need to make sure that what happens in recaps actually happens in the show.

have they not been doing that?

Are the new others good or bad?